Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should boxing implement a 13th round if and only if after 12 rounds fight is a draw?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should boxing implement a 13th round if and only if after 12 rounds fight is a draw?

Let's say in a 12 round bout after the 12th a minute goes by at max and if it turns out the scoring would end in a draw instead of leaving it at a draw we announce there will be a 13th and final round to decide a victor?

Both fighters would understand that this is it, make it or break it. Adds suspense for the viewing public and we get rid of draws.

Or should championship level fights just be moved up to 13 rounds definitely.

Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post
    Let's say in a 12 round bout after the 12th a minute goes by at max and if it turns out the scoring would end in a draw instead of leaving it at a draw we announce there will be a 13th and final round to decide a victor?

Both fighters would understand that this is it, make it or break it. Adds suspense for the viewing public and we get rid of draws.

Will never happen of course but that would be sweet as f**k

it would be like overtime boxing

Comment

no it seems gimmicky to me.

Comment

That does a disservice to the guy who was breaking his opponent down towards the end so no.

Comment

Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post

It amazes me, it really does. How little some of the people on this forum actually comprehend the sport that they comment on.

As a fighter I would say first that I had signed a contract to fight 12 rounds, not 13 or 14 or until you are satisfied. I would then add that if you want to quadruple my purse for the fight to fight this extra round..........

Why do the fighters need to fight more for you? Either way you will beeitch in the forums about who won or lost no matter the outcome.

Fighters only have so many rounds in them and they hope to make the most of what is inside of them. After fighting 12 rounds, if it was a draw, chances are that these human beings are going to be battered and worn. To send them out for another round simply so that you can have a decision, and then ***** about it on an open forum, is just not worth it to them. In that condition that one round could drain 12 rounds out of a mans career, 20 rounds or even kill him.

Kid, what you watch on tv of this sport is not a video game, is not a movie and it is not even a game. It's a brutal sport that has definite consequences, these are real men risking their lives that you are watching.

Take your extra round a shove it!!!!
          Last edited by Rockin'; 01-24-2019, 04:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
            It amazes me, it really does. How little some of the people on this forum actually comprehend the sport that they comment on.

As a fighter I would say first that I signed a contract to fight 12 rounds, not 13 or 14 or until you are satisfied. I would then add that if you want to quadruple my purse for the fight to fight this extra round..........

Why do the fighters need to fight more for you? Either way you will beeitch in the forums about who won or lost no matter the outcome.

Fighters only have so many rounds in them and they hope to make the most of what is inside of them. After fighting 12 rounds, if it was a draw, chances are that these human beings are going to be battered and worn. To send them out for another round simply so that you can have a decision, and then ***** about it on an open forum, is just not worth it to them. In that condition that one round could drain 12 rounds out of a mans career, 20 rounds or even kill him.

Kid, what you watch on tv of this sport is not a video game, is not a movie and it is not even a game. It's a brutal sport that had definite consequences, these are real men risking their lives that you are watching.

yeah but...why you mad tho

Comment

No. You're not in the right mindset after battling the full 12. You've let go all of you andrenaline and told your body the contest is over. Therefor it's no longer prepared to fight again. It can and it will.. but not to its full potential.

Not to mention, after a fight is over now, everyone floods the ring. Getting everyone out again would be a b*tch

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post

As a fighter I would say first that I signed a contract to fight 12 rounds, not 13 or 14 or until you are satisfied. I would then add that if you want to quadruple my purse for the fight to fight this extra round..........

Why do the fighters need to fight more for you? Either way you will ***** in the forums about who won or lost no matter the decision.

Kid, what you watch on tv of this sport is not a video game, is not a movie and it is not even a game. It's a brutal sport that had definite consequences, these are real men risking their lives that you are watching.

Well the fighters would agree to a chance of 13 rounds if it did end in a draw and they would say "yes, i'm completely fine with that because i would hate for my fight to end in a draw."

Also with 15 rounds in the past vs 12 rounds,

A 15 round fight means if its 8 rounds to 7, the losing fighter would need a KD to avoid a loss.

A 12 round fight means if it a draw (6 to 6) then a knockdown decides the fight.

It's preference and just an idea. I wasn't suggesting it to be sadistic and enjoy watching fighters brutalize themselves, just a thought to minimize the occurrences of draws.

Comment

Originally posted by Sin City View Post
                  No. You're not in the right mindset after battling the full 12. You've let go all of you andrenaline and told your body the contest is over. Therefor it's no longer prepared to fight again. It can and it will.. but not to its full potential.

Not to mention, after a fight is over now, everyone floods the ring. Getting everyone out again would be a b*tch
                  I don't picture it like that. I picture the ring still the ref and fighters and the trainers in their respective corners. No intruding in the ring until after the maximum of a minute to tally the scores.

It's an odd concept and I agree with the whole mindset of thinking "12 rounds, I won this. No way it's a draw" part so it would be iffy setting this thing up.

Maybe just move championship fights to 13 rounds?

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                    yeah but...why you mad tho
                    if I have to tell you than you are ignorant as to what you watch. Simply clueless.

Comment

Working...
                    X