No announcement yet.

Size wasn't really a factor tonight.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MulaKO View Post
    Being a fan of both fighters , in my honest opinion ,if Mikey who I chose to win , couldn’t , then I believe Spence should of ko’d him
    Your right , damn right , he totally destroyed him , as is Spence’s way , so why not Mikey ?
    Being realistic, once they reached the sixth round , I totally believed my pick was wrong but also expected Spence to knock him out
    I mean the main reason he couldn't stop him was because Mikey just wouldn't throw and was just covering up and he's good and skilled enough to make Spence miss just enough to see the full 12 rounds. If Spence put the type of pressure he put on from the 9th-11th rounds earlier, then he probably does score a stoppage but he was just out boxing him round after round.

Comment

Originally posted by CLUE View Post
      That has nothing to do with many not saying it was a win win for him before the fight.
      Seriously? I have no doubt that “many” did say that but many more actually said Rigo would just plain win.

If Mikey had quit tonight there would have been no positive comments, no “win” for him and that is a fact

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
        I mean the main reason he couldn't stop him was because Mikey just wouldn't throw and was just covering up and he's good and skilled enough to make Spence miss just enough to see the full 12 rounds. If Spence put the type of pressure he put on from the 9th-11th rounds earlier, then he probably does score a stoppage but he was just out boxing him round after round.
        I knew ( who the fugh am I right lol ) that after the fifth and convincing me to the max in the sixth that Mikey had no chance but I figured that would be their plan
        Casually break him down and go for the ko in the latter rounds
        Just didn’t see that animal instinct on Spence
        Would rather he got the ko

Comment

Originally posted by NearHypnos View Post
          Exactly. It’s not the same when Easter is throwing a jab as when a giant big punching WW is throwing cannons and he can t off in you while you’re too small to do anything about it and when you do land, it doesnt even change the trajectory of the guys punches.

It’s like small arms fire to a tank. Its the combination of it all. Spence is good enough to use and exploit those attributes.

A man vs a child essentially. Spence had this success BECAUSE of his size and strength. Mikey seemed to see the punches fine. There was just literally nothing he could do about it.
          It seemed pretty clear, when Spence really opened up, that he could do whatever he wanted. In the eighth round he started to press, and in the last four rounds he was really beating Mikey up. Errol literally appeared punched out by the end of the fight. I’ve gotta give Garcia credit; he has a lot of heart. But, truth be told, had Spence started the onslaught earlier, the bout probably would’ve ended in a KO. I enjoyed the fight, although it was quite lopsided: 120-108, on my card.

Comment

Originally posted by ELPacman View Post
            Mikey didn't know what to do to stop the jab. The jab killed him. It let Spence set up everything. I'm honestly shocked that he couldn't find a way to make an adjustment against the jab. He did look really basic in there. Too basic despite having the disadvantages. Expected a little more out of him.

Oh well, it was still a decent fight. We also had like 4 KO undercard fights
            I didn't give Garcia much of a chance. His track record is being way too stationary and with fighting a world class rangey southpaw, I didn't see how he'd find any success without getting battered. He folded up like a tent just as I thought.
            I'd really like to see Pac have a go at Spence if he wants it. Pacquiao use to annihilate southpaws. The question is, does Pac really want that smoke at his advanced age?

Comment

Originally posted by MulaKO View Post
              I knew ( who the fugh am I right lol ) that after the fifth and convincing me to the max in the sixth that Mikey had no chance but I figured that would be their plan
              Casually break him down and go for the ko in the latter rounds
              Just didn’t see that animal instinct on Spence
              Would rather he got the ko
              In the end, it was probably the right approach. Spence didn’t take a single risk. He didn’t have to. Once he was certain he could safely open up, he did. Garcia never stood a chance. Errol was beating him up at will for a good 4-5 rounds. He pushed for the KO here and there, but didn’t see the need to leave himself exposed for a second. I can’t disagree.

Comment

Size wasn't the decisive factor tonight. Mikey just fought all wrong.

Every time he got inside he immediately moved back outside, into Spence's range. It was really frustrating to watch. He'd get into the right distance and then, for no reason, reset into the wrong range.

His strategy was all wrong. He kept trying to hit Spence, after Spence had already thrown and returned. It failed over and over, yet he kept trying it.

He failed to adapt. He let Spence control the distance, and also the lateral movement.

I'm not saying size had nothing to do with it. But the main difference I saw tonight was in skill.

Comment

Originally posted by creekrat77 View Post
                  I didn't give Garcia much of a chance. His track record is being way too stationary and with fighting a world class rangey southpaw, I didn't see how he'd find any success without getting battered. He folded up like a tent just as I thought.
                  I'd really like to see Pac have a go at Spence if he wants it. Pacquiao use to annihilate southpaws. The question is, does Pac really want that smoke at his advanced age?
                  Folded up like a tent? When? Lol Garcia got battered, but he fought like the champion he is right ‘til the end. A lesser man would’ve crumpled. Sometimes the other guy is just too big and just too good.

Comment

Originally posted by creekrat77 View Post
                    After seeing tonite’s fight , I think Manny can afford to take that smoke
                    Make it much more competitive fight and hey who knows , maybe Pac can pull one out of his azz
                    That would be a great way to retire

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                      In the end, it was probably the right approach. Spence didn’t take a single risk. He didn’t have to. Once he was certain he could safely open up, he did. Garcia never stood a chance. Errol was beating him up at will for a good 4-5 rounds. He pushed for the KO here and there, but didn’t see the need to leave himself exposed for a second. I can’t disagree.
                      All though a very lopsided victory
                      I enjoyed the fight much more than some recent fights
                      Just a little disappointed that Spence knew he couldn’t get hurt , so go for the fughin knockout
                      Take those extra five shots and attempt to ko him
                      That’s what the majority of fans said would happen
                      So why not go for it , makes me wonder when he’ll fight another skilled fighter who can hit him and with the power needed to hurt him
                      What I’m saying is what will Spence do when adversity hits

Comment

Working...
                      X