Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Spence 'Not Bothered At All' By Leonard, Tyson Picking Garcia

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Garcia says he's worked on his strength and conditioning to be more explosive, so my question is: why cant Spence do the same thing? Is Spence somehow now dormant old news that can't be more efficient at explosiveness or even improving?

You would think Spence is coming out of retirement for one last hoorah!...Garcia thinks he's better overall, but he'll have to rely mostly on coming in like Ward did on Kovalev - and do a perfect job at it!...For a lanky dude Spences infighting is excellent. So when Spence switches up to a more rangy contest? I'm really curious how Garcia adapts.

Tyson is rooting for Garcia because he can relate to being the "little guy," and Ray is probably focusing on how he outpointed a older Hagler...wouldnt put too much stock on their take on a fight. They might get it wrong - then they would turn out to be legends that got it "wrong," and not to be relied on. Michael Jordan was the greatest when he played the game of b'ball, but when it came to organizing (picking talent) to form his team after he retired - he sucked!

Spence is basic, but he's a rangy powerful basic that does most things right. Imo, If there's a flaw (and all fighters have them) its his desire to stay planted as he picks you apart. If Garcia stays on his toes and actually gets in enough with selective shots, continually rocking (even slightly) Spences head(?) - this just may get interesting

Comment

Originally posted by Carlisle View Post
      If Mikey is everything his camp thinks he is then Spence will stop him in 9 rounds. If he’s anything less Spence will stop him in 5-9 rounds. People are acting as if Mikey is some type of superhero with special powers. Mikey has beaten mostly paper champions and pretenders. People are analyzing the fight as if it’s going to be a boxing match. Brook was able to compete with GGG when they were “boxing” but as soon as GGG said “f%*k this” and turned it into a street fight it was over. This fight will be over as soon as Spence says “f%*k this” and there will be nothing Garcia can do about it.
      Pretty much....And the bad part is he will have to deal with that guilt of not letting himself get used to 147.... If i was Spence i would feel disrespected!

Comment

Originally posted by Curtis2 View Post
        Legends don't care about color, they back class, Floyd has no class, Mikey has class!
        Exactly. Floyd is a selfish, arrogant, greedy human being. All these old timers see though that. I think they see a lot of those qualities in Spence.

Comment

Originally posted by KillaMane26 View Post
          Pretty much....And the bad part is he will have to deal with that guilt of not letting himself get used to 147.... If i was Spence i would feel disrespected!
          Win or lose this fight makes Spence look bad and does nothing for his career. Nobody is giving Spence props for this all the praise goes to Mickey.

Comment

You are correct. Every other ethnic groups backs their own and black former fighters never do.

Comment

Seriously, this mismatch will be over when Spence lands first big shot.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby Shaw View Post
                Some of these so called legends just Want to remain popular by backing a guy from the bigger demographic. I hardly see them backing a black guy, they didn't even back Floyd Mayweather. I don't care about their opinions because they mean nothing. Some it's also out of jealous.
                This is so true because Boxing is the microcosm of the world as we know it! Professional jealousy exist and some can’t accept that their time is past and respect who’s time is current! As a community we don’t support each other enough and for many of these old fighters they have to stay relivent with the larger Boxing demographics true. No other community feels a damn bit of shame for supporting their own fighters! But we are shamed for supporting our own and even called racist for being a Black fan that supports firsts and foremost Black fighters! Everyone else does it but we are the only ones deemed racist for it!

And let’s be FK’N real hear the Brown Brother deserves much respect! I love the Garcia’s they actually give major props to Black fighters! But Black fighters are the most dominant and the biggest Boogeymen Garcia got huge cohoneys for stepping up, because most people don’t against Black Monster fighters in they prime who are not thee biggest draw!

Comment

These people are being told to try to hype up that fight.. boxing needs attention and this fight needs promotion, thats why people try to manipulate the public.

If all these people were honest and picked Spence, then nobody would pay for that PPV.

Promotion 101.

Comment

Originally posted by Curtis2 View Post
                    Legends don't care about color, they back class, Floyd has no class, Mikey has class!
                    BS, Roberto Duran showed plenty of class during his career huh...LMBO! Hands of Stone never disrespected another mans wife to get a mental edge! Only Black fighters are classless trash talkers lol! The crap y’all say is such BS! These dudes come from the same community in case you didn’t know. And if your saying that our so-called legends are out picking other fighters based on class then that legends opinion has no FK’N merits! Styles, grit, and skills determine fights not who’s (airqoutes) CLASSY (pinky finger up English mans voice)! LMGDAO MIKE TYSON WAS SOOO CLASSY THATS WHY HE CHOOSES FIGHTERS BASED ON...GIGGLING...them being classy!

The goal post and standards are always moved when it comes to Black people, so Black fighters are treated the same as they people!

Comment

Originally posted by CLubberLang View Post
                      Man I'm glad someone else thinks the correct way. If you notice brotha's don't back our ppl like Hispanic or Asian fighters do and it's seemingly always been that way in our culture. Canelo would back any Mexican fighter over another race in a heartbeat. British fighters even back there countryman before all others. When it comes to black fighters back another black fighter first that stuff is 50/50 at best.

Complete facts nuff said!

Comment

Working...
                      X