No announcement yet.

Pulev vs Helenius on Khan vs Crawford undercard

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
    Yeah, but there’s a couple of those every year.

couple years ago Joseph Parker was the next slick heavyweight. There’s always going to be sportswriters that look at young amateurs and peg them as the next big thing.

Once they take a loss, nobody even cares they exist though
    Helenius had a great run as a prospect & contender doe. I thought he was for sure gonna get a title shot & pre-Fury coming on the scene he was my best bet to beat Klitschko.

His life seemed to fall apart on every level at some point & while he was unbeaten for a few years after sh^t went south he wasn't the same guy anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
      Helenius had a great run as a prospect & contender doe. I thought he was for sure gonna get a title shot & pre-Fury coming on the scene he was my best bet to beat Klitschko.

His life seemed to fall apart on every level at some point & while he was unbeaten for a few years after sh^t went south he wasn't the same guy anymore.
      Great amateur career too. One thing that gets often forgotten though, when guys turn pro there’s a huge difference between 16oz gloves with headgear and 10 Oz gloves with none.

Plus he got KO’d in a fight he was expected to dominate IIRC. That will destroy your confidence.

Comment

Great amateur career too. One thing that gets often forgotten though, when guys turn pro there’s a huge difference between 16oz gloves with headgear and 10 Oz gloves with none.

Plus he got KO’d in a fight he was expected to dominate IIRC. That will destroy your confidence.
        He didn't lose/get KO'd til he was a shadow of himself doe.

That Del Boy fight that I actually thought he deserved to lose but got the nod in was the end of him. I think he had a serious injury in that fight or shortly after that f#cked him up & ended his serious run for a title. Plus something else happened to him cuz his voice got all f#cked up. Don't recall if it was a sparring accident or something out of the ring doe. Then he had promoter issues.

He went from can't miss to can't get right. Thats a mfer whos gonna or already is drinking or snorting his troubles away cuz the never got a real chance at greatness part of ones potential gots to be rough at that level.

Comment

The Nordic Nightmare knocks the bulgarian hitman out!

Comment

He didn't lose/get KO'd til he was a shadow of himself doe.

That Del Boy fight that I actually thought he deserved to lose but got the nod in was the end of him. I think he had a serious injury in that fight or shortly after that f#cked him up & ended his serious run for a title. Plus something else happened to him cuz his voice got all f#cked up. Don't recall if it was a sparring accident or something out of the ring doe. Then he had promoter issues.

He went from can't miss to can't get right. Thats a mfer whos gonna or already is drinking or snorting his troubles away cuz the never got a real chance at greatness part of ones potential gots to be rough at that level.
            A lot of fighters fall victim to the drink. Here’s hoping that’s not the case though.

Who knows, he can surprise us. Pulev is 100 after all.

And wasn’t his KO loss to Duhaupas before his Chisora fight?

Comment

Eh yea its a who cares fight.

Still remember when Helenius was a can't miss future HW champion lol. Crazy & kinda sad how far he's fallen.
              He doesn't even seem to care about boxing that much these days. I might be wrong though, but that's the image that I have in my head. Hell, I cant even get excited about his bouts myself anymore and he is my countryman! He has some great power and looked pretty promising at one point but not even sure if I will watch this fight. I still hope he could win though and prove me wrong, but I got Pulev on this one

Comment

So if Helinus does pull off the upset, does he become IBF mandatory?

Comment

A lot of fighters fall victim to the drink. Here’s hoping that’s not the case though.

Who knows, he can surprise us. Pulev is 100 after all.

And wasn’t his KO loss to Duhaupas before his Chisora fight?
                  Nah the Del Boy fight was in 2011. He just lost his first fight in 2016 to Duhaupas.

And I while Pulev is older, Helenius gots more miles on the odometer. Its boxing so anything is possible, but I don't see Helenius doing much here that makes this fight interesting let alone up for grabs.

Comment

Nah the Del Boy fight was in 2011. He just lost his first fight in 2016 to Duhaupas.

And I while Pulev is older, Helenius gots more miles on the odometer. Its boxing so anything is possible, but I don't see Helenius doing much here that makes this fight interesting let alone up for grabs.
                    You’re not wrong. But I love a good upset, and Pulev is just so damned boring.

Also, didn’t realize my timeline was that off. Damn. (I did admit to getting bored of the HW division during the Wlad reign though)

Comment

So if Helinus does pull off the upset, does he become IBF mandatory?
                      Now that’s fughed up
                      Just fughin killing the sport with all this politics bullchit

Comment

Working...
                      X