Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's why aj ducked him!

Comment

Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
      Idk if he'll ever be the same after what Wilder did to him but pre-Wilder it was obvious & after tonight it should be even more obvious, Ortiz was flat out better than both men. I'm not even sure AJ beats him after seeing the success Whyte had with his left hand.

Neither Whyte or Parker have Ortiz's skills or even power for that matter, physically he's about the same size as them. Both men are very limited brawlers, Ortiz on the other hand a gifted southpaw boxer-puncher.
      How?

Fury
      Povetkin
      Wilder
      Ortiz

Comment

I don't think it's hands down, Povetkin and Pulev have a case.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCell8 View Post
          I don't think it's hands down, Povetkin and Pulev have a case.
          Agreed, they have a case, but really the top three are Wilder/Joshua/Fury. Now, Fury needs to get back in shape and form, but if he does then he is probably the favorite to beat anyone. If you want to take him away from the equation, then to me it comes down to Povetkin/Ortiz. You could throw Pulev in there, but those two are better. But can Povetkin off the juice put up a Ortiz off the juice type of performance he put up against Wilder? We shall see, but I'd wager to bet no.

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
            How?

Fury
            Povetkin
            Wilder
            Ortiz
            Fury is fat and has been relatively inactive.

Pedvetkin's best wins are Bryant Jennings' leftovers, Perez and Takam who he had to come back to beat like Chisora did before that you're looking at close bouts like Marco Huck (not even #1 in his division) and Eddie Chambers in like 2008. If Ortiz got dropped by David Price he'd get laughed out of boxing. But like I said, who knows if Ortiz will ever be the same? Wilder folded him up nasty
            Last edited by Cutthroat; 07-28-2018, 10:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
              Fury is fat and has been relatively inactive.

Pedvetkin's best wins are Bryant Jennings' leftovers, Perez and Takam who he had to come back to beat like Chisora did before that you're looking at close bouts like Marco Huck (not even #1 in his division) and Eddie Chambers in like 2008. If Ortiz got dropped by David Price he'd get laughed out of boxing. But like I said, who knows if Ortiz will ever be the same? Wilder folded him up nasty
              I'm sorry, but that is laughable. Jennings barely beat Mike Perez and Povetkin flattened him in like 40 seconds. Takam is a good win, he's proven to be a tough matchup for anyone he's faced win or lose.

Are we going to forget how awful Ortiz looked against Malik Scott and David Allen?

Don't get me wrong, Ortiz is good, and I would rate him as a top 5 HW, but he's not the consensus no.3 guy. Not when Povetkin and Pulev (who have only lost to Klitschko), are still doing work.

Comment

I've heard stories that 20 years ago when Ortiz was in his early 30s he was as good as Parker and Whyte are now.

Comment

Originally posted by lparm View Post
                  I've heard stories that 20 years ago when Ortiz was in his early 30s he was as good as Parker and Whyte are now.
                  Ortiz folds both with ease

Comment

Originally posted by H-Tok View Post
                    Ortiz folds both with ease
                    When he was in his 30s?

Or now when he's in his 50s?

Comment

I'd pick Ortiz over anybody but Wilder. I think Joshua-Ortiz is a closer fight than people think.

Comment

Working...
                      X