No announcement yet.

Luis Ortiz vs Joe Joyce

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Luis Ortiz vs Joe Joyce

Would Ortiz risk losing and not getting another title shot when far easier guys are out there .

These two are of only 4 top guys that can and do dominate an entire fight the others are Miller and Joshua .

This would be a war and i think Joyce may tire Ortiz out by mid rounds or get caught and lose .

I would probably take an improving Joyce vs a guy whos eventually not going to show up nearing 50 .

I do have Ortiz ranked at 3 but this will probably change with guys like Joyce on the rise .
    Ortiz
    73.91%
    Joyce
    26.09%

Although Ortiz hasn't beaten anyone of note I think Joyce is massively overrated and certainly unproven. I can't see this fight happening at all, both fighters are risky and they will earn nothing in this fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Kezzer View Post
      Although Ortiz hasn't beaten anyone of note I think Joyce is massively overrated and certainly unproven. I can't see this fight happening at all, both fighters are risky and they will earn nothing in this fight.
      Ortiz is a top ranked fighter defeating him puts anyone in top contender discussion .
      Last edited by juggernaut666; 07-26-2018, 03:19 PM.

Comment

Joyce beats him at this stage....

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
          Would Ortiz risk losing and not getting another title shot when far easier guys are out there .

These two are of only 4 top guys that can and do dominate an entire fight the others are Miller and Joshua .

This would be a war and i think Joyce may tire Ortiz out by mid rounds or get caught and lose .

I would probably take an improving Joyce vs a guy whos eventually not going to show up nearing 50 .

I do have Ortiz ranked at 3 but this will probably change with guys like Joyce on the rise .
          AJ is number 1 and Wilder is number 2 but I don't see how Ortiz is number 3 fresh off a KO loss. He was number 5 before he fought Wilder. You don't go up in the rankings by getting knocked out. Parker, Whyte and Povetkin should all rank above Ortiz until Ortiz scores a big win. Ortiz should fight Joyce who I think is very overrated and very slow. I think Ortiz could hit him clean,hard and often and score an early KO.

Comment

Joe Joyce would show Deontay Wilder how to do the job properly.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
              AJ is number 1 and Wilder is number 2 but I don't see how Ortiz is number 3 fresh off a KO loss. He was number 5 before he fought Wilder. You don't go up in the rankings by getting knocked out. Parker, Whyte and Povetkin should all rank above Ortiz until Ortiz scores a big win. Ortiz should fight Joyce who I think is very overrated and very slow. I think Ortiz could hit him clean,hard and often and score an early KO.
              No hes number 3 in my rankings bc i have him over Povetkin .

If everyone went notches down in rankings after losing to Joshua or Wilder no one would be ranked properly ! Ortiz nearly had the number 2 guy out .....you dont penalise him for that .

1. Joshua
              2 . Wilder
              3 . Ortiz
              4. Povetkin
              5 . ?????? ( This could be anyone in a head to head )

Im going to put the winner of Parker vs Whyte at 5 !

Im not sure where Povetkin goes when he loses to Joshua , it doesnt mean hes no longer relevant ....it doesnt work like that if you are actually ranking them H2H!

I know how dangerous Joyce is ....otherwise i wouldn't have made the thread , only certain guys will be able to actually compete with him and you'll see once again i know what im talking about .

After all these guys fight on saturday i can see whats what more . If Joyce had fought also i can tell you if he replaces anyone here .
              Last edited by juggernaut666; 07-26-2018, 04:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                Well Kovalev went up in the rankings after being KO’d lol.
                Whyte should not be rsted higher than Ortiz now l can understand Povetkin because hes been doing his thing much longer. But whyte is trash people talk about wilders goofy sloppiness but whyte is even worse.

Comment

We will be able to comment better Saturday night about Whyte, for me I think Parker beats him. My current rankings are:

Joshua
                  Wilder
                  Povetkin
                  Parker
                  Ortiz
                  Whyte
                  Takam
                  Miller
                  Bellew
                  Breazeale

I couldn't include fury yet as he needs proper fights before I could consider him

Comment

Could you imagine Ortiz having to deal with that kind of pressure and stamina from Joyce?

Ortiz has 2 rounds in him at a good pace. After that he's completely done. I know Joyce is new on the scene but my money definitely goes on him for the mid round stoppage.

Comment

Working...
                    X