No announcement yet.

Sony PSP

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DJ_WooDoX
    no, I understand, its just that I've had a different experience then that. Sony will most likely be releasing a Standard pack PSP for about $200.

I agree it is a pretty decent system overall but the price just kills it and the screen will get scratched heavily if the person doesnt get one of those screen protectors or take VERY good care of it...But overall it gets a B-...It still doesnt compete with the Gameboy series though (the DS isnt a gameboy)

Id pick one up maybe for $19.99 but it isnt even the price of the console that upsets me its the fact I have to pay 50 dollars for a game....Reduce the price on the games and the systems will increase in sales...I think that is the major barrier.

$149.99 with 20-35 dollar games would be sufficient.

The Roo-Buy a gameboy and then get one of the flash cards you can upload games onto it and play it on your gameboy even play movies I've got one for my DS...Its great not paying for games haha.

Comment

Yeah I was thinking about getting one of those flash card reader things a while back....but I decided not to because I LOVE NINTENDO AND I WOULD NEVER USE PIRATED SOFTWARE....they might be listening

Comment

Originally posted by spinksjinx
        I agree it is a pretty decent system overall but the price just kills it and the screen will get scratched heavily if the person doesnt get one of those screen protectors or take VERY good care of it...But overall it gets a B-...It still doesnt compete with the Gameboy series though (the DS isnt a gameboy)

Id pick one up maybe for $19.99 but it isnt even the price of the console that upsets me its the fact I have to pay 50 dollars for a game....Reduce the price on the games and the systems will increase in sales...I think that is the major barrier.

$149.99 with 20-35 dollar games would be sufficient.

The Roo-Buy a gameboy and then get one of the flash cards you can upload games onto it and play it on your gameboy even play movies I've got one for my DS...Its great not paying for games haha.
        the price cant be lowered too much as sony is losing about $100 dollars on each PSP sold. Talkin about the gameboy series, soon you will be able to put gameboy roms on the PSP's memory stick. So to me the PSP has the best of all worlds.

Comment

Originally posted by DJ_WooDoX
          the price cant be lowered too much as sony is losing about $100 dollars on each PSP sold. Talkin about the gameboy series, soon you will be able to put gameboy roms on the PSP's memory stick. So to me the PSP has the best of all worlds.

The price of those sticks are crazy though and it is really adding up in your pocket. If I was really into portable gaming, perhaps I would be more into it but it is a cool neat little system but the price of the system and accessories alone is something I will not put my hard earned money on (I mean I do make 4.70 an hour and with school barely work at all).

The price is what kills it for a portable system...Plus being out after Xmas...But I dont see to many kids buying these it is a lot of teens or young adults.

Comment

I hope your kidding about making 4.70 an hr isnt the national minimum wage like 6 an hr now!

Comment

Originally posted by dafrza3
              I hope your kidding about making 4.70 an hr isnt the national minimum wage like 6 an hr now!

I make 5.25 an hour, after taxes it averages out to be about 4.70. I make cash on the side with being a seller on Ebay...I really want a hotel or Waiter job for the summer, but I am not allowed to quit my toy store **** job until I find another.

Comment

spinksjinx, try Best Buy if there's one near you.

I worked there a few years ago part-time and it was pretty sweet.

I started out at $8.75p/h I think. I was part of the merchandising team basically the guys who keep product on the shelf and set up displays and change prices. Merch guys work from about 6am till about 1pm.

If you choose to be a sales guy you'll make a little less per hour ($7.00 I think) but they just talk to people and rarely have to do anything physical. You seem like a pretty knowledgable guy who would do well helping out customers pick violent games for Jr.

I left because I had personal issues with management. I was being recruited by the PC repair supervisor but my supervisor didn't let me switch departments so eventually I just walked out. (the day of a huge delivery )

Now I'm a full-time student/slacker

Comment

The price of those sticks are crazy though and it is really adding up in your pocket. If I was really into portable gaming, perhaps I would be more into it but it is a cool neat little system but the price of the system and accessories alone is something I will not put my hard earned money on (I mean I do make 4.70 an hour and with school barely work at all).

The price is what kills it for a portable system...Plus being out after Xmas...But I dont see to many kids buying these it is a lot of teens or young adults.
                  yeah the psp was not meant for the younger crowd. It's target audience is 18-34 year olds.

Comment

TheRoo-Unfortunately I dont have one of those around me. I tried Home Depot and quit that **** within a day they had me hanging from a bungee cord trying to lift a washer up 15 feet...I walked out, I had FREIGHT and truck and all of that jazz. The people that work in a workplace is a major factor for me, all the places I would like to work is full of douchebags so I dont apply.

Id prefer not to work at a retail job at all, I applied at the YMCA as the policeman but they said I was unqualified and to scrawny.

DJ-Still not to many people in that demographic have a ton of cash to throw down on a 300 dollar portable system. If they keep the games and bring some nice accessories and a price drop in time for the xmas season it should do really well. But since Xbox2 (sighs) is scheduled to make an appearance in the fall we will have to wait and see....My personal preference would be the psp over the xbox-2...I despise Sony though.

Comment

TheRoo-Unfortunately I dont have one of those around me. I tried Home Depot and quit that **** within a day they had me hanging from a bungee cord trying to lift a washer up 15 feet...I walked out
                      Yeah man it can get pretty crazy trying to stock the big ****, I almost died stocking microwaves 15 feet in the air. The littlest dude there was the guy that would put the 50" TVs on the top shelf, we called him the Hulk. Then this one dude broke his foot by dropping a TV on it. I said **** that, I'll stick to the small ****.

I was at the store checking out the PSPz and DSz and the DS seemed like a better choice but I'm gonna wait for them to release a black one. There was like 5 PSPs in the case and only 2 DSs and on the news they tried to make it seem like you can't find the PSP anywhere. I also think that portable games shouldn't cost more than $30. ****, $14.99 would be ideal.

Comment

Working...
                      X