Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floyd Mayweather's Training Routine

1/ Core

Jogging

“How far I run each day varies,” says Mayweather. “And sometimes if I’ve sparred more rounds than usual on one particular day, won’t run at all. But when do hit the road, I’ll do anything between five and eight-and-a-half miles going fast."

Sit-up punches

This is where his trainer holds his legs and then he stands up out of a sit-up position, throws two uppercuts then returns back down. Go for as many as possible. Inevitably give up after three.

Skipping

A lung-hurting exercise that also helps a fighter's coordination as he rhythmically works out where his feet land as the rope swings at high speed. Mayweather will sometimes skip up to 20 minutes straight, often as a warming-up exercise.

Neck Harness

An exercise that's unique to boxing. The fighter lies on the canvas of a ring with his head pointing over it and a neck harness attacked round his head. This has chains linking it to a weight - putting a strain on his neck muscles. Mayweather will just move his head up and down so that his neck doesn't snap back on a fight night.

2/ Technique

Sparring

"I spar between eight and ten rounds every day to work on my technique and certain punches I'm going to use to expose the boxer I'm fighting. I'm working on my uppercut because I've noticed Marquesz has been dropped a few times with that punch."

Shadowboxing

Footwork - that is the elegance with which a fighter moves round the ring to position himslef to throw punches - is a great fighter's main weapon. Mayweather's footwork is a second to none. And shadowboxing is where he hones it.

Pads

The speed at which Mayweather throws punches while his trainer holds the padded mitts is remarkable, often ducking under his trainer's hands. "I'll do 30 minutes of padwork straight," says Mayweather, "with no break at all."

Punch bags

"I heard straight for the heaviest bag in my gym that really pushes my body as I hit it and then don't stop for another 20 minutes. I'm looking to not only go into that fight looking to win, I also want to be viewed by others as the best at my sport."

http://www.fhm.com/upgrade/mens-heal...-best-20090915

Comment

There's people in this section who do read up on training routines. If you don't like or care about it then don't post something stupid.

Comment

Thanks for posting his training routine.

Comment

Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
          thos hate for floyd is just stupid man. all u do is enter pac threads and say ow great he is, and enter floyd threads and say how he sucks.

real fans would be interested in this, not floyd fans but boxing fans. nobody can deny hes one (if not the) best fighter in the world, and this is what he did to get there.

Comment

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
            thos hate for floyd is just stupid man. all u do is enter pac threads and say ow great he is, and enter floyd threads and say how he sucks.

real fans would be interested in this, not floyd fans but boxing fans. nobody can deny hes one (if not the) best fighter in the world, and this is what he did to get there.
            It takes you to tell me who a real fan is and who isn't.... lol..... What you wrote the fan book or something! The best fighters in the world cherry picks wins and duck fights... Yeah you're a real fan !!!!

Comment

Thanks for that. People who are interested will read it, it obviously caught your attention to enter the thread anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
                It takes you to tell me who a real fan is and who isn't.... lol..... What you wrote the fan book or something! The best fighters in the world cherry picks wins and duck fights... Yeah you're a real fan !!!!
                sorry, this is the forum for people who actually box

Comment

Usually adapting someone else's training routine isn't always as beneficial as it is to the person who actually uses it.

Which is why nobody really cares about other fighters training routines, because not everything works the same for everybody

Comment

Originally posted by Archaic View Post
                    sorry, this is the forum for people who actually box
                    Uhhh really uhhh i actually do uhhh you're a jackass uhhh

Comment

Working...
                    X