Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do people think Paul Williams had ANY chance against Floyd?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by buddyr View Post
    I don't think Floyd had the power of Garcia to get that type of respect. The same with GGG vs Floyd. Casual Mayweather fans will say that he outboxes GGG, but he has no power to get GGG's respect and he would have just walked thru his punches and brutalized him.
    He has enough speed to get his respect because GGG wont be able to catch him, we talking a prime Floyd here where he would be near on a ghost for GGG to catch.

Speed and timing will kill power in a flat footed fighter, if Canelo who is slow in the footwork can out maneuver GGG then Floyd would beat a drum all night, Floyd would fight him like he did Baldomir, hit and run and GGG couldn't do a thing about it, older Floyd GGG runs him over because his legs are not what they were, but prime Floyd at 154 wins a clear UD much like the Canelo fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by revelated View Post
      This is a serious question here.

Williams wasn't a bum, but Sergio was catching him clean with check hooks and overhand lefts all night long. The left that put him to sleep was the same shot he was just eating - like he was too stupid to defend against it.

Add to that Williams had nowhere near the speed of Floyd at any point. Mayweather would have been tagging him at will all night long - shades of Mayweather/Corrales.

So I ask you. What in the blue world would convince you that this guy would have beaten Floyd Mayweather?
      The real question is, why did Floyd choose to take a "vacation" when Williams and some of these other guys were peaking? Oh I forgot, he wanted to rest his hands after those back to back wars with Oscar and Hatton. Lol.

Floyd's pattern for stepping in and out of the fight game when it suits him has to be obvious by now by even the most casual fan.

No surprise that he's talking comeback. I wonder if he has this current crop in his sights, or at least whoever is the last man standing.

Comment

• Originally posted by dibzvincent143 View Post
        No it was Floyd looking funny you cannot edit his reaction and face at all. Not even the greatest hater can do that. As much as a fan I am he was shook but that’s okay he’s leagues apart from Margo when it was all said and done.

Floyd says a lot about that. Oh u have 4 losses. Oh shane u have 5. Oh pac u have marquez problems.
        Oh sergio where were u when i was winning titles.
        Oh oh oh.
        Countless of BS reasons.

At the end of the day he had a very very great career. There were fights that happened there were fights that didn’t. There were fights that happened too late and there were many.

At the end of the day Sugar Ray Leonard had prime duran, prime benetiz, prime hearn and hagler as his best wins.

Ali got prime foreman, spinks, frazier, and liston.

Floyd got? Prime Corrales, prime castillo prime hmmm guerrero? Prime hatton

Pac got prime Bradley, prime barrera prime ledwaba prime sasakul

At the of the day u got what u got. Whether its ur fault or not doesn’t matter
        That's not fair man. Floyd has a prime Chop Chop Corley on his resume.

Comment

• Williams was 6’4 in reality. Having that massive 8 or so inch height difference would have made that fight interesting even aesthetically. Floyd can win but could see PWill out working him also.

Comment

• Originally posted by djtmal View Post
            That's not fair man. Floyd has a prime Chop Chop Corley on his resume.
            Oh I forgot, nonetheless it’d still fall short to Leonard’s list.
            No shame in that though, I just hate fans who give him imaginary credit like he beat Cotto, Oscar, Manny and Shane like they were all in their primes, just because he likely would have.

The due credit is still very high as they are all solid fighters when he fought them, but not as much as they were in their absolute primes.

Cotto at 27-28, manny at 29-31, Oscar at 28-31, Shane as well are all better than the versions Floyd fought.

Comment

• Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
              He has enough speed to get his respect because GGG wont be able to catch him, we talking a prime Floyd here where he would be near on a ghost for GGG to catch.

Speed and timing will kill power in a flat footed fighter, if Canelo who is slow in the footwork can out maneuver GGG then Floyd would beat a drum all night, Floyd would fight him like he did Baldomir, hit and run and GGG couldn't do a thing about it, older Floyd GGG runs him over because his legs are not what they were, but prime Floyd at 154 wins a clear UD much like the Canelo fight.
              But GGG respected Canelo's power to a degree, ESPECIALLY IN THE 2nd FIGHT!! He'd do Mayweahter like he did Kell Brook but worse. At some point, boxing skill is nullified with weight. Floyd in his prime just isn't big enough. Lomachenko is a bad mf at 135 but he aint beating Shawn Porter at 147.

Comment

• Originally posted by revelated View Post
                This is a serious question here.

Williams wasn't a bum, but Sergio was catching him clean with check hooks and overhand lefts all night long. The left that put him to sleep was the same shot he was just eating - like he was too stupid to defend against it.

Add to that Williams had nowhere near the speed of Floyd at any point. Mayweather would have been tagging him at will all night long - shades of Mayweather/Corrales.

So I ask you. What in the blue world would convince you that this guy would have beaten Floyd Mayweather?
                Mayweather ducked Martinez and Williams because they would have both knocked him out.

It's not rocket science

Comment

• Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
                  Paul Williams' work rate would have been a tough outing for any fighter; Including Money May. The man averaged close to a 115 punches per round. Unless, Floyd out landed, blocked, slipped or dodged the vast majority of P Will's punches, then he could have very well made it interesting on the scorecards.
                  We have a winner

Paul would have thrown 1000 punches at Floyd. Floyd would not have liked that. It’s hard to lose fight throwing that many punches. But I think Floyd would have found a way.

Comment

• Originally posted by djtmal View Post
                    that's not fair man. floyd has a prime chop chop corley on his resume.
                    hahahahahahahahaha!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by buddyr View Post
                      But GGG respected Canelo's power to a degree, ESPECIALLY IN THE 2nd FIGHT!! He'd do Mayweahter like he did Kell Brook but worse. At some point, boxing skill is nullified with weight. Floyd in his prime just isn't big enough. Lomachenko is a bad mf at 135 but he aint beating Shawn Porter at 147.
                      That's why I said 154, Floyd can beat GGG at 154, in his prime that is.

2 reasons, first is GGG will be weakened by the weight he wont be the same as he is at 160, the second is Floyd is way to slippery for him way too fast in all departments, GGG would be lucky to catch him with anything worthwhile while Floyd dances to an easy UD leaving GGG shaking his head and very frustrated, then in the after fight interview GGG will be saying how hard he is to hit clean .

You cannot walk through what you cant pin down, if Floyd doesn't want to stand toe to toe with you he wont, look at the rematches he flips the script and boxes on his toes and wins easy, GGG doesn't have the foot or hand speed to catch Mayweather.

Brook and Canelo are slow compared to prime Mayweather.

Comment

Working...
                      X