Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thoughts on CM Punk getting Phunked in UFC??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jaded View Post
    The difference here is though that Kazushi Sakuraba had a very impressive amateur wrestling background at the collegiate level and was also a University Wrestling coach...whereas CM Punk was just a guy with tattoos and a background in fake/pretend wrestling who provided a good laugh as a MMA guy for a few seconds...which came as no surprise and should not be compared with Sakuraba the "Gracie Killer".
    duh.... that's why i use kurt angle as an example because of his excellent amateur background also because even in his wwe days kurt angle is still a tremendous athlete

Comment

Was always going to be a failure.

Punk wasn't even a "wrestler" he was a sports entertainer there was a difference.

A guy like Kurt angle, Benoit, regal, malemko etc would be more of an issue as they have actual wrestling experience and are some strong dudes

Cm punk basically is just an actor.

Comment

Originally posted by betmen View Post
        it come to the athlete themself, i believe if monster athlete in wwe like kurt angle can do really well in mma.

just like i wrote above kazushi sakuraba join mma because a lot of mma fighter talk **** about pro wrestling.

he's now one of mma's atg, this is him at age 39 destroying the career of young prime fighter

Haha well Kurt Angle is an olympic gold medalist. It's true, it's damm true!!! But seriously as much as I enjoyed Punk as wrestler I didn't have high hopes. But shat even I thought he could land a punch or do something offensively. I mean I respect him for trying, but that was one of the most embarrassing things I've ever seen in the UFC.

Comment

Originally posted by WesternChamp View Post
          his name didnt really sell shit.. this aint brock lesnar we're talking about here. cm punk was never on that level of brock. even during the weigh in and his walk in entrance to the fight, there was very little cheer for him. brock was able to bring in more buys because of how big of a freak he was. everyone knew cm was gonna get man handle in there.
          Dafuq are you talking about? This PPV had around 700k buys, the most PPV buys by a card w/o McGregor, Rousey or Lesnar since UFC 182. Who cares about Brock and how much PPV he brought in, CM Punk made the UFC a shltload of money to justify his paycheck.
          Last edited by Lords; 09-13-2016, 11:58 PM. Reason: dd

Comment

Working...
          X