Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mosley: If Golovkin Turns it On Early, He Could Stop Canelo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Mosley: If Golovkin Turns it On Early, He Could Stop Canelo

Former three division world champion "Sugar" Shane Mosley gave his take on the upcoming rematch between IBO, WBA, WBC middleweight champion Gennady Golovkin and Mexican superstar Saul "Canelo" Alvarez. The contest takes place on September 15th at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas.
    [Click Here To Read More]

GGG dont have the stamina anymore at age 36 to do that. If he goes hard early, he will gas late along with Canelo. Not to mention, GGG's handspeed has declined so much that I don't even know if he can lay it on Canelo early even if he still had the stamina, because Canelo is so much faster now that he will just dodge the punches the first few rounds and counter with much faster shots. It took Canelo slowing down from bad stamina for GGG to start being able to exchange with Canelo on even terms middle of the fight. Before then Canelo is too fast for old GGG, although I guess it's possible GGG was just nervous early. But overall I don't think GGG has the speed or stamina anymore to do what Mosley is saying.

Comment

Sugar & roids is still bitter a young Canelo put those paws on him

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
        GGG dont have the stamina anymore at age 36 to do that. If he goes hard early, he will gas late along with Canelo. Not to mention, GGG's handspeed has declined so much that I don't even know if he can lay it on Canelo early even if he still had the stamina, because Canelo is so much faster now that he will just dodge the punches the first few rounds and counter with much faster shots. It took Canelo slowing down from bad stamina for GGG to start being able to exchange with Canelo on even terms middle of the fight. Before then Canelo is too fast for old GGG, although I guess it's possible GGG was just nervous early. But overall I don't think GGG has the speed or stamina anymore to do what Mosley is saying.
        If you are right, then this fight will at best be a repeat of the first fight. So I hope that you are wrong (I want both fighters to step up their game and help make up for last year's disappointment).

Comment

I can't think of a fight where Golovkin pressured a strong puncher. He boxes them.
          I'd love to see Golovkin pour it on him but I really don't expect it.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
            I can't think of a fight where Golovkin pressured a strong puncher. He boxes them.
            I'd love to see Golovkin pour it on him but I really don't expect it.
            He came gunning for Stevens, and then punished him. I don’t think GGG is too concerned about Canelo power. He shouldn’t be, Canelo will need to land a perfect shot, and I don’t see it.

GGG dont have the stamina anymore at age 36 to do that. If he goes hard early, he will gas late along with Canelo.
            If what you say is true what’s that say about Canelo. He coukdn’t best a old GGG.

GGG has slowed, but in no way the way you think, at least we have not see it. Despite the situation, Vanes got destroyed, and Charlo couldn’t do it, and he has size and length on ggg.

GGG was the aggressor the whole Jacobs and Canelo fight, and didn’t look gassed at all. He chased both of them.

Mosley knows what he’s talking about. Canelo is actually the one incapable of sustaining long attacks, and he’s off his magic meat. His cut will be harder, and will likely be smaller.

Comment

Mosely Suspect GGG wasn’t Himself in First Fight

Mosley sees another plausible explanation, and that GGG may look much different in this fight.

Comment

I’ve never seen stamina issues with GGG, he trains at altitude. There’s a reason long distance runners train at altitude too, because it increases stamina. Also If you watch the latest media workout GGG looks quicker if anything.

Comment

Mosley: If Golovkin Turns it On Early, He Could Stop Canelo

if Golovkin does that, he opens himself up to a fresh Canelo

possibly exposing himself early, and possibly blowing his load down the stretch

the fight will play out very similarly, with Canelo making slight adjustments/improvements, rendering Golovkin less effective this time around

the general verdict will be that Golovkin got old

Comment

Originally posted by Vae Victis View Post
                    If you are right, then this fight will at best be a repeat of the first fight. So I hope that you are wrong (I want both fighters to step up their game and help make up for last year's disappointment).
                    What do you expect? When the boxing establishment over-marinates every single big fight until the fighter they want to lose gets old, in order to control the outcomes of those important fights, then the cost to controlling the outcomes is that the fights are huge letdowns because one of the fighters is old, usually the formerly more dangerous and offensive one who in his prime would have been the one creating all the action and excitement.

As for GGG, started slow vs Canelo to save energy, still finished slow. Started slow vs Jacobs, still ran out of energy and finished slow. Contrast that to prime GGG that was throwing 100 punches per round deep into the fight vs Stevens, and close to that level vs Martin Murray and Ouma deep into the fight. He used to have amazing stamina, now, it's better than Canelo's, but not good what it used to be. And his punches aren't either. The speed is gone, and speed is velocity, which affects the power as well.

Comment

Working...
                    X