Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nonito Donaires biggest mistake was leaving Victor Conte, he was a monster with him

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nonito Donaires biggest mistake was leaving Victor Conte, he was a monster with him

Its funny how when Nonito left Conte he looked human, while he was with Conte and snack nutrition he was destroying guys

He was a monster

Why did he leave Conte?

No he just went up in weight and ran into Rigo and developed into a strict head hunter. Father time got him. He’s basically just a pure power puncher at this point or fights like one would be more appropriate to say

Comment

Donaire just got old, and naturally he wasn't as effective at 122 and 126 fighting bigger guys. I don't think it was an issue of his training or nutrition. He's still a good fighter though. I think he has a real good shot to beat Tete.

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
        Its funny how when Nonito left Conte he looked human, while he was with Conte and snack nutrition he was destroying guys

He was a monster

Why did he leave Conte?
        I always wondered why he left Conte? Im thinking Conte was doing something sketchy right?

When one of these YouTubers asked ND why he left Conte he said some vague response like anybody who wants to work or not work with me is welcome to. So his answer kind of implied Conte might of left him? Odd right?

Comment

He was a monster

Why did he leave Conte?
          You got your facts mixed up hombre. Conte left Donaire.

Originally posted by Victor Conte
          I quit. I'm done working with Nonito. It was entirely my decision.
          Source: http://www.doghouseboxing.com/Gabrie...king-News.html

Originally posted by Wiki
          Donaire has been accused of using performance-enhancing drugs from Victor Conte
          Source: http://www.doghouseboxing.com/Gabrie...aking-News.htm

I don't think SNAC was even a thing yet.

Originally posted by doghouseboxing
          Conte has been routinely been providing Donaire with comprehensive blood testing, hypoxic training equipment, and methods plus individualized nutritional supplementation.
          I think it's pretty obvious that Donaire should have never moved up to featherweight. His power didn't move up.
          Last edited by McNulty; 12-10-2018, 09:38 PM.

Comment

He cut cut down by the Jamaican Axe man, Nicholas Walters.
            Last edited by Zaroku; 12-10-2018, 09:13 PM.

Comment

Outide the ring his biggest mistake was fighting with his promoter and losing out on money fights during prime years.

Inside the ring, his biggest mistake was fighting Rigo. A fight he could have easily avoided by saying what all other fighters do (he brought nothing tonthr table, he is a bside etc etc) Up to that point he was ranked number 5 in the p4p lists and was a prime time fighter.

Comment

Why did he leave Conte?
                I asked Conte that 4 years ago when he was being a hypocrite about Ariza parting with Robert Garcia's gym. He was demanding journalist to investigate why they stopped working together, but he refused to comment when he stopped working with nonito.

https://twitter.com/EdwinAA/status/486182193379545089

Comment

Originally posted by NearHypnos View Post
                  No he just went up in weight and ran into Rigo and developed into a strict head hunter. Father time got him.
                  Agree. The schooling from Rigo deflated him to the same extent as his first KO of Darchinyan had raised his status as an elite fighter. I don't think he has ever recovered mentally from that loss. The beat down from Walters was a prime example of not being able to physically handle bigger opponents.

Unlike Pacquiao, I don't suspect PED use during Donaire's career.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGR8TESTOAT View Post
                    I always wondered why he left Conte? Im thinking Conte was doing something sketchy right?

When one of these YouTubers asked ND why he left Conte he said some vague response like anybody who wants to work or not work with me is welcome to. So his answer kind of implied Conte might of left him? Odd right?
                    It was very strange Nonito basically resurrected Conte career.

They were pretty close and then just fell out and never spoke to each other again

Comment

Working...
                    X