Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Lennox Lewis The Heavyweight GOAT Behind Ali?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Lennox Lewis The Heavyweight GOAT Behind Ali?

Or is he greater than even Muhammad Ali?

Look at his record: 41-2-1. 32 KOs out of his 41 victories. Avenged both of his losses. Made that one Draw right by winning the rematch immediately after. Whopped Tyson and Holyfield's asses (especially Tyson's.)

I would have loved to have seen Ali vs Lewis. Total beast of a fight.

i'd argue that lennox lewis is the greatest heavyweight of all time.

Comment

Its ali still. I'm sure Lennox could beat Ali. But Ali's still greater.?
      Better resume and moire amazinbg abikity

Comment

you could certainly argue that lewis is the best HW ever. but imo its ali, no doubt about it.

i would probably rank lewis third, holmes being second.

Comment

The best of my era by a long shot but since I did not grow up in Ali's era I can't say that. Lennox is definitely up there in the top 2 or 3...Look at his voluntary defences alone... Vitali, Tyson, Holyfield, Rahman, Bruno, Briggs, Phil Jackson, Botha, Golota... Everyone of them other than Golota & Jackson won a world title but I guess Botha got stripped of his but still. 6 former World champions were his voluntary defences. He always said it was the mandatories that were a thorn in his side. He vacated 2 titles rather than face Byrd or Ruiz for little money. His mandatories were against Oliver McCall, Akinwande, Mavrovic, Tua & Michael Grant.

Comment

Lennox is considered by many serious boxing people the greatest HW of all time. I'd say he's 3rd behind Joe Louis and Ali.

Lennox was a great, great HW no question though. Only guy he never fought was Riddick, who shamelessly ducked him..

Comment

Originally posted by BWC View Post
              Lennox is considered by many serious boxing people the greatest HW of all time. I'd say he's 3rd behind Joe Louis and Ali.

Lennox was a great, great HW no question though. Only guy he never fought was Riddick, who shamelessly ducked him..
              The night Wladimir lost to Corrie Sanders put a nail in the coffin for a potential fight between them. At the same time he was actually considering a fight with Joe Mesi in Buffalo because of Mesi's cult following there. Neither fight materialized.

Comment

My favorite heavyweight ever! Top 3 for sure if not THE BEST!

Comment

Records dont reflect on the actual boxer as much as popularity and impact on the sport each had . Lewis clearly dominated a better era despite what ppl want to believe but he didn't have the same impact on boxing outside the ring as Ali did . This topic is ALWAYS subjective and has nothing to do with head to head matches , which the smarter bettor would wager on Lewis to win !

Lewis SHOULD be considered top 5 by anyone no matter what , i have him number 3 .

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post

Lewis SHOULD be considered top 5 by anyone no matter what , i have him number 3 .
                    AJ - GOAT
                    Ali
                    Lewis

right bud?

Comment

Working...
                    X