Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is Broner so unlikeable?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Because of his association and respect for Mayweather. He's inherited some of his fans and most of his haters. People hate Mayweather so much that they are willing to hate anything associated with him. Same way some people hate Amir Khan just because he used to be in Roach/Pac camp.

Comment

Originally posted by K.Webster View Post
      Because he was in there with a small, outgunned, domestic level fighter, and he still felt the need to showboat and belittle his opponent.

I'm all for ****iness and in ring attitude, but it doesn't work when it's used against sub-par opponents who he is superior to in every category.

I'd like Broner to try and drop his hands and act ****y against Matthyyse - he'd get his head taken off.

Broner has all the skills and charisma needed to be a great champion without the Mayweather-esque antics. From now on, he should only act ****y against legitimate threats, not guys who he is supposed to beat.
      He is who he is, take it or leave it. Roy Jones would dance and taunt his opponents also, its just who they are.

People hate on good fighters, tell me one fighter who has very little Haters...............I know I cant

Comment

Broner is way more disrespectful than Mayweather, the guy makes Mayweather look humble.

Comment

Originally posted by Own3d View Post
          Broner is way more disrespectful than Mayweather, the guy makes Mayweather look humble.
          Really? I see goofy as hell.

Except the weight miss was bull but other then that I think mayweather is way more disrespectful

Comment

I'm starting to like the guy now.

Comment

Originally posted by CraigM View Post

However, when Rees was being interviewed by Sky for the UK audience Broner came over and was actually pretty complimentary... Its blatently all a show to keep people talking about him, I think when he steps up to the A league of opponants then he won't try to be so ****y.
              Thats why i dont hate him so much. He is just trying to be entertaining and sell himself.
              Its annoying, but with Floyd is bad attitude was genuine. Broner is much more likeable because he is just clowning around. IMO.

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
              Because he's ghetto.... but not in a nice way. He's ghetto in an ignorant mean spirited bully racist way.
              Its an obvious act. I dont see it as 'ghetto' at all. Its pure showmanship.
              Racist?

And as for his showboating in the ring, i had no problem with it. Everything with him ive seen before. Im not a fan of it, but what he does isnt so bad.
              When he had Rees hurt, he was trying to finish him.
              Hamed was much worse. He would try humiliating his opponents all the time.
              Broner is like Roy in the way he acts. I see a difference. Plus he was getting hit all night which made him look stupid. lol

His attempts at humour are lame as hell. He's not bright, but he can really fight, so il give him a pass.

Comment

Originally posted by K.Webster View Post
                Because he was in there with a small, outgunned, domestic level fighter, and he still felt the need to showboat and belittle his opponent.

I'm all for ****iness and in ring attitude, but it doesn't work when it's used against sub-par opponents who he is superior to in every category.

I'd like Broner to try and drop his hands and act ****y against Matthyyse - he'd get his head taken off.

Broner has all the skills and charisma needed to be a great champion without the Mayweather-esque antics. From now on, he should only act ****y against legitimate threats, not guys who he is supposed to beat.
                how is he a domestic fighter when hes a former world champion in his prime?

sub-par? rees is quality, he is legitimatelky one of the best lightweights in the world. not on broners level but thats because broner is a beast, not because rees cant fight.

and why shouldnt broner showboat when rees is doing the same? you ppl are reaching..

Comment

He is a very good fighter and a stupid a##hole.

Comment

I can definitely see how it's annoying but unfortunately he MUST act this way if he wants the big $$$, or he'll wind up like Ward. Right now he's taken up the role of the villain and is running with it perfectly just like Mayweather.

Right now you can go on worldstarhiphop and see his videos actually have hundreds of thousands of views, that is amazing considering the age of the people who go to that site.
                    For every one of his fans there is another person that wants him to lose.

If you aren't a Mexican or Puerto Rican boxer in the US, good luck. Boxing is practically dead here, and Americans won't jump on a black or white fighter's band wagon unless they've got a flamboyant personality.

I'm sure it's all an act, his talent is amazing and he didn't get that way without working extremely hard. You can tell this guy takes fighting seriously, if he didn't he wouldn't be where he's at now.

Comment

Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
                      I can definitely see how it's annoying but unfortunately he MUST act this way if he wants the big $$$, or he'll wind up like Ward. Right now he's taken up the role of the villain and is running with it perfectly just like Mayweather.

Right now you can go on worldstarhiphop and see his videos actually have hundreds of thousands of views, that is amazing considering the age of the people who go to that site.
                      For every one of his fans there is another person that wants him to lose.
                      I've asked this question elsewhere as well, why do black American fighters have to act this way for the public to take an interest in them? Fighters of other nationalities generally don't have to do it, even if there are occasional examples of it.

I don't think anyone can argue that it doesn't work, even if you have to take into account the fact that Broner has a lot of promotional weight behind him. Broner is bigger than Bradley, Ward, and Trout, and has nothing even remotely close to their level of achievement behind him.

Comment

Working...
                      X