Comments Thread For: Weights: Manny Pacquiao 147, Juan Manuel Marquez 143

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CHOWWOKKA View Post

Boom
    This is possibly one of the most overrated pictures i've seen of a boxers physique on this site.

People ignore the angle and the way he is flexing. Mike Jones has a GREAT physique without even needing camera help, but this picture is really overrated and posted way too much for no reason.

Comment

Those abs arent gonna help jmms chin. Even tho jmm looks like a tank, thats the wrong way to prepare for Pac. Marquez will be to slow and gas out and go into survival mode

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
        I've said it before and i'll say it again, I don't care if i'm wrong on fight night; obviously i'd love to be wrong. But I think this new muscular JMM can actually end up giving the worst performance of all 4 fights. You guys are so hyped up about Marquez's physique but it wasn't his physique that led him to be so successful against Pacquiao in the past. It was his intelligence, decent handspeed, excellent counterpunching and combination punching as well as actually moving/boxing around the ring. If he's too big and muscular and wants to come in looking for the KO, he could be the one to end up suffering a few knock downs and clearly losing on the cards.

He better not get too excited and get KD'ed, these judges are looking for any little thing from Pacquiao to give him the round. One 10-8 round could end up killing Marquez regardless if he wins the other 11 rounds. That's how these judges get down.
        That's exactly how I feel.

Comment

This is possibly one of the most overrated pictures i've seen of a boxers physique on this site.

People ignore the angle and the way he is flexing. Mike Jones has a GREAT physique without even needing camera help, but this picture is really overrated and posted way too much for no reason.
          That's not an overrated picture at all. That is an amazing lat spread and the delt bicep separation is awesome too. Don't see how it is overrated?

Comment

Marquez upper body is like a body builder, he should have been working more on his chicken legs. I still expect fireworks, this fight is going to be great. Manny needs to be quick on his feet and mixing it up to really give Marquez trouble. Marquez looks amazing hopefully it transitions in the ring.

It wouldn't be a shock if Pac lost although a KO on either side would be surprising.

Comment

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
              Those abs arent gonna help jmms chin. Even tho jmm looks like a tank, thats the wrong way to prepare for Pac. Marquez will be to slow and gas out and go into survival mode
              I think Pacquiao needs to worry about gassing himself, especially if Marquez is as intent on body punching as he says he is.

Comment

Originally posted by littlemac View Post
                Nobody was hyped for this fight especially when it was first anounce that it would be at 147. Even poster Pacboy posted himself that he didn't want to see it. But it took Arum a little promoting to get his paying idiots to line up again. Enjoy bending over for Arum again
                haha.. It's obvius Pacquiao got you by the b@lls. I guess you dream about him. Imma boxing fan, not a hater fanboy.
                I can almost see you jumping and hyped if Floyd fights Guerrero or Danny Garcia.
                Last edited by DominiBox; 12-07-2012, 07:48 PM.

Comment

Not one bit Kev

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
                    I think Pacquiao needs to worry about gassing himself, especially if Marquez is as intent on body punching as he says he is.
                    We all need to pay attention to this ^ over here. Agree 100%

Comment

Originally posted by el*** View Post
                      Yeah we wont be able to tell until we get fight night weights. I mean if they both weigh 147 tomorrow that means JMM just cut 4 pounds for no reason and Pac didnt have to cut any pounds, which is a good thing. Pac doesnt look bad or anything. He could have just eaten since he can make the weight easy and be holding in a turd and JMM could have just exercised. I dont think these weights tell us anything yet.
                      This is marquez's what 1st, 2nd welterweight fight! How many has manny had? Marquez still hasn't grown into the welter limit yet, Pacquiao has its not that he cut the extra pounds for the sake of it!

"Holding in a turd" smh, you clearly don't know much about weight cutting!

Comment

Working...
                      X