No announcement yet.

If Ward wins...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Ward wins...

I believe most of the Kovalev supporters will turn on Sergey saying he wasn't as good as they thought instead of giving Ward his due credit. I honestly think the people saying Kovalev will dominate him will be quick to say Kovalev was overrated and that GGG would smash Ward.

So many already have. Do you remember how this place was rockin with Kovalev sigs from the time he beat Hopkins up until earlier this year? There's been a preemptive abandoning ship. Where the hell did they all go?

Shame, because Sergey is awesome. Losing to Ward isn't anything to be ashamed of.

The thing I predict is that, just like Mayweather, they'll dismiss the victory by saying he's boring. That's all they're left with.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by BEEHOP View Post
        I believe most of the Kovalev supporters will turn on Sergey saying he wasn't as good as they thought instead of giving Ward his due credit. I honestly think the people saying Kovalev will dominate him will be quick to say Kovalev was overrated and that GGG would smash Ward.
        What will you say if Kovalev dominates tonight? Ward was the smaller man, not accustomed to 175?

Comment

Originally posted by Weltschmerz View Post
          What will you say if Kovalev dominates tonight? Ward was the smaller man, not accustomed to 175?
          I will respect him just as I did when he beat Hopkins, I actually am a fan of Sergey the way he beat Hopkins no one has dominated him like that I had to respect him after that. I cheered for him in both Pascal fights, and wanted him to fight Adonis and KO him, Adonis used to beat up girls he's a scumbag and I'd love to see Krusher hurt him bad.

Comment

Originally posted by BEEHOP View Post
            I will respect him just as I did when he beat Hopkins, I actually am a fan of Sergey the way he beat Hopkins no one has dominated him like that I had to respect him after that. I cheered for him in both Pascal fights, and wanted him to fight Adonis and KO him, Adonis used to beat up girls he's a scumbag and I'd love to see Krusher hurt him bad.
            Fair play. This fight is a win for boxing, it's time to celebrate regardless of who wins.

Comment

His opponents are not putting him on the pedestal now. Most objective posters also realize that Kovalevs resume is extremely overrated. His best win is a 49 year old MW legend. No matter who you are, being 49 years old makes you a b+ fighter at the very best.

I'll give ward full credit for beating him if it happens, but kov is not an unbeatable machine. He has a ton of flaws and has an average resume. That's just the truth.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                So many already have. Do you remember how this place was rockin with Kovalev sigs from the time he beat Hopkins up until earlier this year? There's been a preemptive abandoning ship. Where the hell did they all go?

Shame, because Sergey is awesome. Losing to Ward isn't anything to be ashamed of.

The thing I predict is that, just like Mayweather, they'll dismiss the victory by saying he's boring. That's all they're left with.
                And boxing fans wonder why fighters protect their 0. Even if Kovalev loses I still want to see him fight Stevenson and Beterbiev!

Originally posted by Weltschmerz View Post
                Absolutely no excuses if Ward loses. He got beat by a better man. Kovalev fans are the ones starting the excuses already. Clinching, headbutts, cheating.....smh

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                  Absolutely no excuses if Ward loses. He got beat by a better man. Kovalev fans are the ones starting the excuses already. Clinching, headbutts, cheating.....smh
                  There are excuse makers on both sides.

Comment

Never forget where you loyalty lies.

Comment

Working...
                    X