No announcement yet.

Porter ordered to face Kell Brook immediately

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JackTheLad View Post
    Hope that fights over here at the motorpoint in Sheff, can't see Poter filling out an arena, it would most likely be an undercard fight in the US. Would be a really good event of its own over here with a great atmosphere.
    Hearn said it's defo gonna be made but most likely in America mate.

Comment

• Originally posted by jas View Post
      Of course it will get made.

People actually think this fight won't get made. It baffles me.

If Porter doesn't fight Brook, he will be stripped of his title. Not happening.

Do people actually think Brook won't fight Porter? Obviously he will they've been lobbying since the day Porter won the belt that they want that fight as soon as the mandatory is ordered.

The fight is 100% going to be signed.

Comment

• Hearn probably has his hands full with this Froch-Groves fight. But I would believe this fight only when they are touching gloves in the first round.

Comment

• Originally posted by jas View Post
          I know he said it in the iFL video a week or so ago mate, but that fight would be better over here, it would give Porter a chance to prove if he has what it takes to fight overseas and the atmosphere would be so much better, rather than it being an undercard fight.

Comment

• There is a interview put on youtube recently, where porter is driving in his car saying he is excited about the brook fight, and also he is excited that the fight will go to purse bids, as he gets 75% of the purse. He also said he has no problem coming to the UK. So it looks like it'll be purse bids between golden boy and Eddie hearn, the winner will probably choose where it takes place. Golden Boy might only have a certain amount of dosh they are prepared to spend on porter as they have a lot of top foghters, Porter not being the big draw in their stable. Where as in Eddie Hearn's group of fighters, Brook is the most important fighter after Froch, i think there is a decent chance Hearn will out bid GB and it will be over here, truth is both Golden Boy and Porter all know the fight is bigger money here. Due to the sky tv dealhearn has, and the fact that they will sell out an arena in the uk, rather than just have an undercard fight, as someone else said on here. I really hope this happens as well. Should be a really good fight.

Comment

I know he said it in the iFL video a week or so ago mate, but that fight would be better over here, it would give Porter a chance to prove if he has what it takes to fight overseas and the atmosphere would be so much better, rather than it being an undercard fight.
              Exactly, more USA fighters should come here, they all think the UK fighters are second rate, so why don't they come to the UK and prove it more often.

Comment

Porter's father is dead set against it

Comment

• Originally posted by johnchris99 View Post
                  Exactly, more USA fighters should come here, they all think the UK fighters are second rate, so why don't they come to the UK and prove it more often.
                  Whilst they are correct most of the time in that assumption, it's the officials that fuck 'em over. Brook doesn't draw enough for Porter to come over here either.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
                    Whilst they are correct most of the time in that assumption, it's the officials that fuck 'em over. Brook doesn't draw enough for Porter to come over here either.
                    He packs out a 10.000 seater stadium mate, that's definitely enough.

Comment

Working...
                    X