Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Derrick Henry Becomes The 8th Player In NFL History To Rush For 2000+ Yards.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post
    Incredible accomplishment, the last player to do it was Adrian Peterson in 2012.

Derrick Henry is X-Men’s Juggernaut of the NFL, an absolute beast.

https://www.nfl.com/news/titans-rb-d...or-2-000-yards
    The guy is honestly ridiculous. To have that size and still be as agile and fast as he is. It's really unfair lol. He can juke, stiff arm, or plow through people and anyone on the field capable of outrunning him is in for a rough ride tackling him. He seems to be one of those guys that his speed isn't really affected by being in pads. His 4.5 40 speed seems to carry over into the games.

He holds on to the ball, he scores and while his stats don't really show it, he is a very good receiver out of the backfield. He is also a fantastic blocker. He has no real weakness and one of if not the only back in the league that is legitimately a three down back. No reason to take him off the field, unless he just needs a breather.

Anyways the guy is my favorite running back since Marshawn Lynch was at his peak. The guy is just fun to watch.

Comment

OJ also did it in an era where Running Backs were heavily used in the NFL and they regularly won the MVP awards because of it. Today the NFL has shifted to being much more pass oriented, not to mention the talent, the training, and investment in these athletes is far greater in 2020 than 1970. Outer Derrick Henry in 1976 NFL and he rushes for 3000 yards.
      Derrick Henry is not a better athlete than OJ was and I would argue that NFL players today as a group are no better than those of earlier eras.

Comment

Originally posted by OldTerry View Post
        Derrick Henry is not a better athlete than OJ was and I would argue that NFL players today as a group are no better than those of earlier eras.
        You could argue that, but you'd be wrong. This applies to virtually all of past sports. Athletes 40 years from now will be undoubtedly better than athletes of today.

Comment

You could argue that, but you'd be wrong. This applies to virtually all of past sports. Athletes 40 years from now will be undoubtedly better than athletes of today.
          How do you know this? Sounds like an opinion to me.

Comment

Have you voted?

Comment

Fury would beat Ali?

Comment

OJ was faster. That's not an opinion, that's a fact.

I don't know who was stronger.

Depends on how you judge it strength. speed, agility, whatever other factors.

Comment

Originally posted by Ubeja Vontell View Post

Trivia....what other NFLer to be also ran on that 4x1 team?
                  Renaldo Niemiah?

Actually read it wrong. It’s not who I stated.
                  Last edited by True-Boxing-Fan; 01-04-2021, 08:20 PM.

Comment

Well anybody who watches football can clearly see that the players playing today are more athletic then the players playing multiple generations ago.

The same goes for basketball, hockey, soccer, baseball, and whatever other team sport you could think of.

Comment

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
                      Fury would beat Ali?
                      Boxing is slightly different, but you’d have to assume that Fury would be the favorite.

Comment

Working...
                      X