Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Was The 1st Hip Hop Album You Bought???...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Probably The Cronic
    Why? Because Nothing but a G thang and Let me Ride were in the top 10 videos on MTV and it had a sound like I had never heard before
    Last edited by Gamer30168; 12-08-2020, 07:51 PM.

Comment

My very first album i decided to get was from my very favorite rapper T.I. "Trouble Man: Heavy Is The Head" from 2012 as that became and probably still is my personal favorite from him. I loved everything that lead up to the album and how the album was structured from start to finish. It finally became the new era of T.I. which is what No Mercy failed going in to the 2010-2019 era.

Do we have any T.I. fans out here? Like still listening to him to this day.

Comment

Ghetto Boyz or X-Rated, I forgot. my uncle bought me my first gangster rap CD around 1991 and I was intrigued right away.

Comment

Will Smith. He was true hip hop to me. I Think Vanilla ice if I’m being honest ,no it was red head kingpin( Do the right thing ) Then lords of the underground, Ditc, black moon

Comment

Originally posted by mlac View Post
            MOP Warrioz
            Wow. I'm old.

Because that's one of the very last one's I actually bought.

Tower Records on Florin Road.

Same place I actually bought my first, with my own money.

Had plenty of Run DMC, NWA, Too Short, Beastie Boys, LL Cool J cassette "mix-tapes", but that EPMD first buy will always be etched inside my head.

Comment

The first CD I jacked at a store was 2pac’s All Eyes On Me double album.

I was in middle school and CDs were expensive so I jacked several 2Pac and slanged them at school for a minute. Good times

Comment

Comment

Working...
                X