No announcement yet.

Amir Khan vs Marcos Maidana 2 in 2014

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amir Khan vs Marcos Maidana 2 in 2014

Both had some bad moments following their first fight but were in good form again by this time, let's take the Khan that beat Collazo and Devon vs the Maidana from the Broner and Floyd fights, who you got?
    Amir Khan
    33.33%
    Marcos Maidana
    66.67%

Originally posted by Caught Square View Post
    Both had some bad moments following their first fight but were in good form again by this time, let's take the Khan that beat Collazo and Devon vs the Maidana from the Broner and Floyd fights, who you got?
    Maidana by KO, he was a much more complete fighter under Robert Garcia, he managed to land clean shots and even buzz Floyd several times who is waaaay harder to hit than Khan. And those same shots would shatter Khan’s chin

Comment

Maidana made huge strides under Garcia. I'd favor him against Khan in a rematch.
      Last edited by FrankieClutch; 04-24-2018, 12:12 PM.

Comment

Khan was very sharp against Alexander but maybe that Alexander whilst a good fighter wasn't a special talent.

I liked Khan against Alexander and Collazo tbh.

I find it hard to judge Khan in any sort of fantasy fight because I just see him getting dropped and stopped 10/10 times and the reality is different. We've all seen Khan hurt so many times that it is harder to look at what he does well impact what another fighter does well.

Default answer is, well, he starts well then gets caught dropped and stopped.

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieClutch View Post
          Maidana made huge strides under Garcia. I'd favor him against Maidana in a rematch.
          Maidana vs Maidana would be amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by Canelo Phresh View Post
            Maidana vs Maidana would be amazing.
            Just edited that

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
              Maidana by KO, he was a much more complete fighter under Robert Garcia, he managed to land clean shots and even buzz Floyd several times who is waaaay harder to hit than Khan. And those same shots would shatter Khan’s chin
              No doubt he improved a lot under Robert but he did land some devastating shots on Khan in that 1st fight, especially round 10.

Perhaps the main difference would be Maidana would be able to set up those punches earlier in the fight with his solid jab that was non existent previously? I rewatched that 1st fight and he was so crude back then lol.

Comment

I still have no idea how Khan didn't get knocked out that fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
                  I still have no idea how Khan didn't get knocked out that fight.
                  That fight defied logic, one of the best fights in recent years with all the drama and shifts in momentum.

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieClutch View Post
                    Maidana made huge strides under Garcia. I'd favor him against Khan in a rematch.
                    If he could make super HW, yeah lol

Comment

Working...
                    X