No announcement yet.

Golovkin Fans: Please stop trying to justify the Vanes fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
    He wouldn't be having this fight if he chose a better opponent.

When you go to the store and they don't have your favorite beer (Canelo), do you get another one you consider good (Derevyanchenko) or get the nastiest cheap crap (Vanes) you can find instead and blame the store that you're drinking nasty crap?

Golovkin chose the nasty crap and is blaming the store.
    Yeah I'm sure I'd be looking hard for that Derevyanchanko top shelf liquor if they were out of Canelo.

Comment

I am a Golovkin fan, that is a POS fight.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
        If you are going to cry over this fight you should have cried over yesterday's Jermall and Khan and Davis fights. The guys they crushed weren't one tenth as good as Vanes. If you don't like the fight just don't watch it. GGG fans aren't trying to justify this fight. It's an easy fight for him made on short notice. GGG's last two fights were hard fights and his next fight will probably be another hard one. All the champions have an easy fight now and then. You don't sound like a GGG fan at all. If you were you wouldn't start a thread to trash his fight that nobody is thrilled over to begin with. I'll watch GGG vs Vanes and enjoy it.
        The Tank fight was BS. He pulled a Loma bringing a guy up a weight class coming off a loss.

The Charlo was what the WBC ordered. Not a great opponent but they ordered it like the IBF ordered Wade

But neither one of those fighters are unified champs in their division. Champs are held to a high standard & unified champs are held to a higher standard.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
          And this is why i fux witchu one hunnit

We're haters because after years of watching GGG fight stumblebums there's finally some good fights to be made and we want to see them? According to GGG fans he's only been in one competitive fight his whole career, Jacobs (he clearly beat Canelo according to them).

How long ago were those Vanes fights?
          hes 31, the inactivity is an issue i will agree but hes a decent fighter whos never been stopped, it shoudl go a few rounds, could even go the distance.

Comment

Originally posted by Illmatic94 View Post
            You shameless Lil g c0cksmoker. WHERE IS YOUR FAITH IN HIM?!?

I'm not even sure Charlo or Derev beats him. It's just now the mandos have a pulse and we deserve to see those matchups.

Whatever happened to "I'm no businessman, respect box."

You Lil g c0cksmokers need to RESPECT BOX.

Fight the mandos or vacate. Stop living in Canelo's rectum theres other fighters out there more worthy than a guy whose whole image is forever tainted.

You Lil g flunkies are neck deep inside Canelo's ass thats why you can't think logically.
            They're mandatories. He should fight them. He can't get through that though. It's a murderer's row.

Comment

Originally posted by Illmatic94 View Post
              https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/s...landy+Golovkin

Aren't you the same Lil g c0cksmoker that made a thread trashing Erislandy Lara as a crap opponent? but with Vanes "how is that a bad opponent?" that jizz from Lil g is all over your face.
              no, again youre twisting my words which is what you lot are brilliant at doing. i said he was overrated and not worth of boogeyman status, cause he was rated very ****ing highly and people were saying he'd expose golovkin

Comment

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
                hes 31, the inactivity is an issue i will agree but hes a decent fighter whos never been stopped, it shoudl go a few rounds, could even go the distance.
                If this fight goes the distance GGG is washed and got old overnight.

Comment

I don't care, it's GGG so I'm watching.

It's a short notice fight, **** happens, get over it.

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
                    I myself am a Golovkin fan which I'm sure most already know. I realize that it's Ronaldo McDonald's fault that their is fight not happening in May. I also realize that considering Golovkin's age, he is smart to take a stay busy fight before he takes on a higher quality opponent later this year. When he fights in May it will still be the longest lay off of his professional career and that isn't good. I have no problem with him fighting a lesser opponent to avoid ring rust.

But you cannot ignore the fact that Vanes has not fought in 2 years and has never fought at middleweight. At the very least Golovkin could fight a recently active MIDDLEWEIGHT. There is absolutely no way in hell to justify this fight and no amount of excuses will convince people otherwise. Quit making threads about it, admit that it's crap and move on. As a Golovkin fan, and a boxing fan for that matter, I'm embarrassed that this fight is happening. But for fucks sake take it like a man.

Side note- I used to think that Al Gaymon and C0cksar Gaylordhoya would choke each other on the toilet to get off. But now it appears that they did their business in the kitchen.

Thanks.
                    The fight is happening because Golovkin wants to fight after a long training camp. He also wants to keep his word that he gave to the fans that he would be fighting May 5. It keeps his Mexican and Mexican American fans happy because traditionally there is a fight on May 5. If he postpones and fights someone else logistically it may screw up a rematch with Canelo in the fall. I don't see explainations or speculation as to why he is keeping May 5 as his fight date as excuses. Also bear in mind most critisisms of Golovkin's fight date are really attacks on his character and usually involve unrealistic scenarios. Not surprising that a lot of his fans lash out..
                    Last edited by TonyGe; 04-22-2018, 03:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X