Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: David Lemieux Looks Depleted at Weigh-In For Achour

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BigZ44 View Post
    Has anybody actually ever seen Achour fight? Is there a chance he could out-box a drained Lemieux?
    watched 1,5 fights of him. Dude is a come forward fighter with average power but good workrate. Closes the distance behind a double guard and a little bit head movement. Cant fight at midrange at all and is open for straight punches.

Favours the fight to be on the inside, digs to the body with hooks, especially the right hook to the body and likes to throw right uppercuts upstairs. doesnt cut off the ring and has rather slow footwork. He is open for punches when he tries to get inside and stops in his tracks when his opponent is throwing punches.

Because of his style there will be a lot of exchanges and I just think Lemieux is all wrong for him.

Hasnt shown in those 2 fights that he can fight on the backfoot or avoid shots at a higher level.

Comment

Originally posted by asgarth View Post
      watched 1,5 fights of him. Dude is a come forward fighter with average power but good workrate. Closes the distance behind a double guard and a little bit head movement. Cant fight at midrange at all and is open for straight punches.

Favours the fight to be on the inside, digs to the body with hooks, especially the right hook to the body and likes to throw right uppercuts upstairs. doesnt cut off the ring and has rather slow footwork. He is open for punches when he tries to get inside and stops in his tracks when his opponent is throwing punches.

Because of his style there will be a lot of exchanges and I just think Lemieux is all wrong for him.

Hasnt shown in those 2 fights that he can fight on the backfoot or avoid shots at a higher level.
      Great breakdown, thank you! Without any power, his style would seem to play right into Lemieux's hands. Hard for me to see Achour winning now

Comment

**** Lemieux and his bull**** failures to make weight. He had months to prepare to make that weight. If he decided to cut 15lbs the day before, that is his problem and totally unprofessional.

Comment

Has anybody actually ever seen Achour fight? Is there a chance he could out-box a drained Lemieux?
          Not impressed and Only four KO's/TKO wins.

Comment

Great breakdown, thank you! Without any power, his style would seem to play right into Lemieux's hands. Hard for me to see Achour winning now
            yeah np. im pretty optimistic for the under 7.5 bet.

Comment

Originally posted by N!Ck F. View Post
              Lemieux is chubby, probably around 15% body fat... in order to make 160 he essentially stops eating and drinking several days before the fight as well as sweating out water.... the few days of not eating/draining are not enough to reduce fat, but more than enough to completely deplete you of water and greatly reduce your weight. He’s completely dehydrated.
              If he trained properly for a pro boxing match that weight would come off in my opinion. And he doesn't really look dehydrated to me. He just didn't put in the effort in training. In my opinion of course.

Comment

Originally posted by lolpz View Post
                Water weight and fat are different. Make sense of that first.
                They both come off with proper training and diet, just the same. I've been around the sport for a while chief. If Hatton could make weight, Lemieux should be able to as well.

Comment

Is there a single place showing this fight? I can't find it on any streaming service anywhere...

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
                    They both come off with proper training and diet, just the same. I've been around the sport for a while chief. If Hatton could make weight, Lemieux should be able to as well.
                    Well all I'm saying is this, if he "sucked down" this much (as you can see by his face) with that amount of fat still left on his mid-section, he clearly didn't train properly.

Comment

He looks like an actual boxer now. Dude finally got his wake up call I guess.

Comment

Working...
                      X