Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Too Fast" Fury vs "Sonny" Liston: Who wins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
    As I thought, couldn't name one.
    Chuvalo, Liston, Spinks, Frazier, Norton, Quarry. There ya go sweet heart. And that's just a few. He also let a bum like Wepner go to championship rounds with him. Manny of Ali's opponents were very overrated and as a results he, himself is extremely overrated. Not saying that Fury would beat him but it isnt out of the question with his size advantage. You just think you operate on my level but you don't. You just have nostalgic memories of an overrated, American anti-hero, draft dodging, terrorist advocating, fool. Ali was great for a time but he was a fool and vastly overrated.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
      Chuvalo, Liston, Spinks, Frazier, Norton, Quarry. There ya go sweet heart. And that's just a few. He also let a bum like Wepner go to championship rounds with him. Manny of Ali's opponents were very overrated and as a results he, himself is extremely overrated. Not saying that Fury would beat him but it isnt out of the question with his size advantage. You just think you operate on my level but you don't. You just have nostalgic memories of an overrated, American anti-hero, draft dodging, terrorist advocating, fool. Ali was great for a time but he was a fool and vastly overrated.
      Why was Wepner a bum? Why couldn't just be tougher than expected and be rewarded for his heart?

Fury definitely outboxes Ali. Ring IQ is too high. Can box him southpaw all night. Ali can hang with him stamina wise no question but in exchanges, Fury will have his way with Ali. Punish him.

Comment

• https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/f...splay.php?f=10

Comment

• Liston by UD

He had reach similar to Fury and had power compared to Fury.

Fury didn't KO any good competition, and who he fought lately? Safari? Shorts? or Lallin?

Don't get me wrong, Fury is a brilliant boxer but I don't believe he is better than Liston

Comment

• Originally posted by Sheldon312 View Post
            Did Liston ever beat a fighter 6'5 and up?
            Chuck Wepner when Liston was 900 years old.
            Gerhard Zech

Comment

• Fury would be a big problem for everybody in every era. Big dude, very fast, well skilled, a little awkward style..
              moneytheman Ascended likes this.

Comment

• I think it's Fury

Comment

• Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
                  Why was Wepner a bum? Why couldn't just be tougher than expected and be rewarded for his heart?

Fury definitely outboxes Ali. Ring IQ is too high. Can box him southpaw all night. Ali can hang with him stamina wise no question but in exchanges, Fury will have his way with Ali. Punish him.
                  OMFG .......

You just entered the signature HOF sir

Congratulations!

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
                    I had a heated debate with a former “friend” on Facebook about Ali a few years ago. He apparently held the same basic notions you do about him. I’ve done a fair amount of reading about Muhammad over the years, and although I don’t pretend to know everything about him, I know enough to be convinced that you’re wrong.

There is a great deal of evidence that Ali was a great person, not just a great fighter. He transcended the sport of boxing as none other ever has. I don’t understand where this assertion of “advocating terrorism” comes from.

As for the “draft dodging,” there are many things that can be said about it. It was the 60s. Vietnam and the US military were not viewed in the same light as today’s wars and servicemen. A black man in that era was cannon fodder, drafted at a much higher rate than the general population. Ali took a courageous stand that threatened his career and, therefore, his future.

And a fool? Not sure what you base that on. Ali was no doubt manipulated early on by the Nation of Islam; but he was a defiant young black man during the civil rights era, and therefore vulnerable. Muhammad may not have been a Rhodes Scholar, but was very clearly a pretty quick-witted guy. He was no fool.

Comment

• Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                      I had a heated debate with a former “friend” on Facebook about Ali a few years ago. He apparently held the same basic notions you do about him. I’ve done a fair amount of reading about Muhammad over the years, and although I don’t pretend to know everything about him, I know enough to be convinced that you’re wrong.

There is a great deal of evidence that Ali was a great person, not just a great fighter. He transcended the sport of boxing as none other ever has. I don’t understand where this assertion of “advocating terrorism” comes from.

As for the “draft dodging,” there are many things that can be said about it. It was the 60s. Vietnam and the US military were not viewed in the same light as today’s wars and servicemen. A black man in that era was cannon fodder, drafted at a much higher rate than the general population. Ali took a courageous stand that threatened his career and, therefore, his future.

And a fool? Not sure what you base that on. Ali was no doubt manipulated early on by the Nation of Islam; but he was a defiant young black man during the civil rights era, and therefore vulnerable. Muhammad may not have been a Rhodes Scholar, but was very clearly a pretty quick-witted guy. He was no fool.
                      I base my opinion of Ali like I do any muslim.

If you're a muslim then you condone terrorism because it's built into your very imbecilic religion. He may be a hero to a lot of people, civil and even a likeable person but that doesn't mean he wasn't exactly everything I said that he was and I stand by every word.
                      Last edited by Boxing Goat; 09-19-2019, 09:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X