No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Porter: Thurman Wants Rematch, Negotiations Have Begun

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
    Ok then tell me who did Porter defeat for his WBC title and then ask me if the person, that he defeated was the champion at the time or was the title simply vacant at the time of his winning it?
    Doesn't matter whether it was vacant or who he defeated. Unification trumps a mandatory. If Porter wanted to fight Spence he could have as its a unification. He could also fight Crawford as unification as well. Porter is just going to hide from Spence and use the mandatory as an excuse. Thurman isn't fighting him next.

Comment

Originally posted by TreJac View Post
      Do you consider Spence a biitch? He did the same thing when it came to Crawford! Birds of a feather, you know the rest!
      All that Bud vs any PBC guy sh^t is just talk doe. Porter COULDA fought Spence. Porter, Thurman, Spence or now Manny ain't fighting Bud cuz Bud is on the other side of the street. And its not the DAZN/Eddie/Oscar/maybe Tommy L side of the street who likes to make fights with others. Its the bean counter side of the street with Arum who's sh^t talking everyone & who does more in-house fights with less of a roster than anyone else in the business.

Ok then tell me who did Porter defeat for his WBC title and then ask me if the person, that he defeated was the champion at the time or was the title simply vacant at the time of his winning it?
      In fairness WBC Guy does appear to be a unification trumps mando guy. So I think its not crazy that the Porter vs Thurman winner could fight Spence for another belt. It wouldn't be a voluntary defense, it'd be a unification fight to WBC Guy.

Ugas & Berto gonna have to wait maybe lol. Randomly I'd doubt it with how PBC seems to operate, but I'd love to be wrong if we had an unofficial final four situation going on now with Spence vs Mikey vs Porter vs Thurman.

Comment

Keith just recently said there is no way he fights Porter or somebody at that level in his first fight, he must have been pressed by Haymon and he will just have to cash out.

Comment

Put this on FOX in March.

Comment

good fight from the PBC. respect if one time takes without a tune up.

Comment

Originally posted by PapaBricks View Post
              I would pay for Spence vs Mikey with decent undercards.

Porter vs Thurman on the other hand. I wasnt interested in this rematch 2 years ago much less now after Thurman has been inactive for so long. I hope they don't try to make that a PPV.

Throw both fights on the same card and now we talking!!
              Off of name value I'd be shocked if they don't make it a PPV. Thurman has been the poster boy for PBC this whole time minus his time on the sidelines. Wilder has kinda taken that title during Thurman's time off, but I feel like they'll definitely throw Thurman on PPV vs any top 5ish guy who has a decent enough Q score.

Comment

I want thurman to get atleast one tune up.. but if he's ready to jump back in the fire.. he's ready. Let’s get it. After this.. the winner has to see Spence or crawford.. 147 is loaded!

Comment

Originally posted by filup79 View Post
                  Doesn't matter whether it was vacant or who he defeated. Unification trumps a mandatory. If Porter wanted to fight Spence he could have as its a unification. He could also fight Crawford as unification as well. Porter is just going to hide from Spence and use the mandatory as an excuse. Thurman isn't fighting him next.
                  Porter vs. Thurman is also a unification fight, isn't it?

Comment

First fight was lit so I wouldn’t mind them running it back...huge advantage for Shawn if Sometimes don’t take a tune up

Comment

No, you don't understand. Shawn Porter has been ordered by the WBC's Mauricio Sulaiman to make at least two mandatory challenges before he can make a voluntary unification bout with Spence or with anybody else.

That is the WBC rules and protocol. Since Porter didn't win his title from the champion but through a vacant title attempt; He is not a liberty to pick and choose his opponents at the current time. The WBC has to do it for him until he completes his two mandatory title defenses starting with Keith Thurman.

Once he completes them, then he will be free to have anyone; Including a voluntary title and hopefully unification bout with Errol Spence, Jr.
                      i thought unifications trump mandatories? why would they be negotiating then? just asking.,, not tryna be a dk.

Comment

Working...
                      X