Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boxing Headgear - Everlast or Addidas?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boxing Headgear - Everlast or Addidas?

Hey guys, I need your experienced opinion on sparring headgear.
    I'm looking to spend around $50. I currently have the option between these:

Everlast Full Coverage Headgear ~ $44

check it out here:
    kochmartialarts.net/servlet/the-6561/Everlast%C2%AE-Full-Coverage-Headgear/Detail

and

Adidas Leather Performer Head Guard ~ $50

check out the adidas here:
    kochmartialarts.net/servlet/the-6578/Adidas%C2%AE-Leather-Performer-Head/Detail

Which one would you choose and why? Or are there others that you recommend around the price range?

Thanks! Oh yeah, and I'm a
    (sucks!, can't hyperlink my text due to < 15 posts - makes sense though cuz you then get all of those spam posts)
    EverlastŪ Full Coverage Headgear
    60.00%
    AdidasŪ Leather Performer Head Guard
    20.00%
    Other... please tell me!
    20.00%

The poll is expired.

Originally posted by MoralesMight View Post
    Hey guys, I need your experienced opinion on sparring headgear.
    I'm looking to spend around $50. I currently have the option between these:

Everlast Full Coverage Headgear ~ $44

check it out here:
    kochmartialarts.net/servlet/the-6561/Everlast%C2%AE-Full-Coverage-Headgear/Detail

and

Adidas Leather Performer Head Guard ~ $50

check out the adidas here:
    kochmartialarts.net/servlet/the-6578/Adidas%C2%AE-Leather-Performer-Head/Detail

Which one would you choose and why? Or are there others that you recommend around the price range?

Thanks! Oh yeah, and I'm a
    (sucks!, can't hyperlink my text due to < 15 posts - makes sense though cuz you then get all of those spam posts)
    i would shell out like 15 more bucks and get a fightgear they are pretty much top of the line for there price

Comment

Buy Top Ten or Cleto Reyes if you can gather a bit more in funds. Adidas are new to the game and Everlast are hit and miss in term sof quality. I wouldn;t buy their **** unless it was in a sale at Sports World for Ģ10

Comment

Originally posted by Marvin6591 View Post
        i would shell out like 15 more bucks and get a fightgear they are pretty much top of the line for there price
        Is there one in particular? I'm looking for full face (including chin guard) coverage. Not the huge nose protectors.

I see the "Fight Gear Full Face Training Headgear" but it's ~$80 on Combatsports.com and ~$90 on Ringside.com

Comment

Originally posted by MoralesMight View Post
          Is there one in particular? I'm looking for full face (including chin guard) coverage. Not the huge nose protectors.

I see the "Fight Gear Full Face Training Headgear" but it's ~$80 on Combatsports.com and ~$90 on Ringside.com
          there isnt anything that is that cheap that is good quality.... you get what you pay for

Comment

Comment

there isnt anything that is that cheap that is good quality.... you get what you pay for

I understand your reasoning and it makes perfect sense to me. I usually like buying good quality things but money is a little tight right now and more importantly, I don't plan on getting hit, but it's inevitable.

So in what specific ways are the "fightgear" products better? Entice me.

Thanks for the quick response btw.

Comment

Adidas is pretty much **** on anything but shoes. I would reccomend the ringside or title headgear.

Comment

Originally posted by dfwtx View Post
                  Adidas is pretty much **** on anything but shoes. I would reccomend the ringside or title headgear.
                  agreed and Fightgear only makes headgear so that is their main focus . i like them because of the velcro strap in the back making it very comfortable and the padding is also pretty good its not bad for under 100

Comment

agreed and Fightgear only makes headgear so that is their main focus . i like them because of the velcro strap in the back making it very comfortable and the padding is also pretty good its not bad for under 100
                    Yep, and to the threadstarter: by ringside headgear I mean fightgear.

Comment

Working...
                    X