Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What made you a boxing fan? Why do you love the sport?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Casual fan for most of my life.... grew up watching De la hoya,Tyson and Chavez's last big fights.
    Marquez made me into hardcore fan,

My favorite thing about boxing is the heart the fighters display

that's why I'm a big fan of guys like Marquez, Morales, Gatti, Corrales etc

Comment

Bumped. -----

Comment

Prince Naseem Hamed. From there I became a fan of boxin and then Lennox and Oscar.

Comment

I seen Ali fight when he was just starting out as Cassious Clay. I was about 12 years old.
          Ever since, i love watching 2 guys beat the shit out of each other.

Seriously though, boxing is really the only sport i like. And I LOVE it, i can't get enough of it.

Comment

Chris Eubank, Nigel Benn, Steve Collins. I remember watching these guys go at it. I was intrigued ever since. Also, I use to watch Hamed as a kid. **** was awesome. As a kid, who wouldn't like Hamed? He was exciting and interesting to watch. I remember when boxing was broadcasted regularly on terrestrial TV.

Comment

Bumped.

Comment

Fit men with their shorts off. Crying, bleeding. Use your imagination. What's not to like?

Comment

Erik Morales vs Marco Antonio Barrera made me a boxing fan.

Comment

dad was a Hagler nuthugger, so we all became Hagler nuthuggers
                    that was just the law in our house growing up
                    watching those fights with him led to being a fan on the whole

Comment

I grew up in a fighting family on both sides. My pops 1st cousins are Sal and Tony Lopez. Sal was the better fighter of the 2 but unfortunely got hurt and couldnt continue his career. Tony "The Tiger" Lopez ended up becoming a 3 time champ during his and i went or watched most of his fights.
                      On my moms side, her 1st cousin is Loretto Garza, former champion. He was a great fighter too. Along with growing up watching them fight, my grandfather, uncles and older cousins were avid boxing fans. i would watch all of the great fights in the 80's. I boxed a little but tore a rotator cuff while sparring, then when i healed, i suffered a pulled quad in a soccer tournament so that put me on the shelf for too long. I then had my oldest when i was in high school so i graduated and got a job. I now train my 2 oldest boys(18 & 15 and my youngest son(3) thinks he trains with them! Boxing isnt just a sport for me, i think of it as familia. i know it sounds kind of weid but its something that will never change. I just hope that this bs of a cold war dissapears and fighters started fighting the best opponents. keeping my fingers crossed

Comment

Working...
                      X