Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why does Spence get a pass for fighting Ocampo?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
    Either he fights him or drops the title he just won
    “Belts collect dust” - larryxxx via floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
      Focus on what I first posted and find eveidence to prove me wrong
      Maybe he'll drop the IBF belt when the mandatory challengers are tougher. That's the wave now a days

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
        Who has a better resume at welterweight? Spence or Brook?

You also seem to forget Brook got so much **** beacause he pulled out of some better fights
        Pull out's or not, he still had to fulfil mandatories either way, and got slated for it.

Anyway, this isn't about who has a better resume, it's irrelevant to the topic. It's simply about some fighters get passes for certain things that others don't.

Comment

Originally posted by King Jaffe Joffer View Post
          Are you kidding me? The dude is a 45-1 underdog. This is the type of fighter he should be fighting as his first fight as a pro.

And don't give me the "everyone is scared" BS

You telling me he couldn't get a Victor Ortiz, Berto, Alexander or the other Peterson brother? Hell even Joshua Clottey or at least a name who used to be good with an actual chance to make Spence look bad.

This is unacceptable. And I'm disgusted
          Mandatory doe..........however, the same people defending Spence today call for GGG's retirement everytime he has a mando.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigLug View Post
            Pull out's or not, he still had to fulfil mandatories either way, and got slated for it.

Anyway, this isn't about who has a better resume, it's irrelevant to the topic. It's simply about some fighters get passes for certain things that others don't.
            He didn't get **** just for fighting mando's. He got **** for fighting mando's while pulling out of better fights. Let's not do the revisionist history

Comment

Lets not pretend like we don't know why we're STUCK with this fight. NOBODY ELSE wanted to fight him besides Yordinis Ugas. Ocampo almost pulled out of this fight himself by the way! The Selective Memory of BoxingScene Forum is Funny

It is Great that Crawford is now in the Division he truly seems to want this fight eventually but Arum is not going to make this fight anytime soon unfortunately but Crawford is not making excuses like the Rest and he is new to the Division!

Comment

C- troll thread.

Comment

Boy, certain people do seem threatened by the rise of Errol Spence.

I wonder why that is?

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
                    Mandatory doe..........however, the same people defending Spence today call for GGG's retirement everytime he has a mando.
                    ... I'm "defending" Spence...

Originally posted by sicko View Post

Lets not pretend like we don't know why we're STUCK with this fight. NOBODY ELSE wanted to fight him besides Yordinis Ugas. Ocampo almost pulled out of this fight himself by the way! The Selective Memory of BoxingScene Forum is Funny

It is Great that Crawford is now in the Division he truly seems to want this fight eventually but Arum is not going to make this fight anytime soon unfortunately but Crawford is not making excuses like the Rest and he is new to the Division!
                    ^^^ This, right here!...

Comment

Man it’s his effing mandatory!!! Ain’t no passes to be given. If you wanna keep your belt, you fight your mando! Plain and simple. See GGG and IBF for a good example

Comment

Working...
                      X