Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

?? Memorabilia, Help Retired Champs question...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ?? Memorabilia, Help Retired Champs question...

Is it OK to post items on here or is there a special page for that? I have some posters, signed boxing cards, programs, magazines, books, and many other items that I sell off with proceeds go to former champions in need, the two most recent and in need being Gerald McClellan and Wilfred Benitez. Can that be done right here or is there a spcial page on the board for that type thing???

PM a mod. I'm not aware of any selling forum, but I've seen some guys selling fighter videos here before...although idk if they shut those threads down or not.

Can't imagine they'd love the idea of a bunch of cats selling stuff here doe either. Not like this site is setup for that so people could scam others while giving this site a bad rep.

Why wouldn't you just do this on Ebay or setup your own website selling it from there?

Comment

Originally posted by ICEMAN JOHN SCULLY View Post
      Is it OK to post items on here or is there a special page for that? I have some posters, signed boxing cards, programs, magazines, books, and many other items that I sell off with proceeds go to former champions in need, the two most recent and in need being Gerald McClellan and Wilfred Benitez. Can that be done right here or is there a spcial page on the board for that type thing???
      That’s real cool man, and for a great cause.

But in all honesty I wouldn’t give a penny to Gerald McClellan, the guy was a cruel, disgusting human being. I have little sympathy for McClellan.

Comment

How about Wilfred? I visited him at his home last year...HEART BREAKING to see in person!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
          PM a mod. I'm not aware of any selling forum, but I've seen some guys selling fighter videos here before...although idk if they shut those threads down or not.

Can't imagine they'd love the idea of a bunch of cats selling stuff here doe either. Not like this site is setup for that so people could scam others while giving this site a bad rep.

Why wouldn't you just do this on Ebay or setup your own website selling it from there?

I do it on my own just to help some of these champions out...Ive done decent with it on Facebook...just need to keep all costs down so there is more money for the guys in need.

Comment

I'd love to see this given special permission here. I was part of a fundraising effort (not unlike yours) on a very popular forum. Once the admin gave us approval, we raised thousands for various charities. Hope this happens for you Iceman, and for the champs.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
              I'd love to see this given special permission here. I was part of a fundraising effort (not unlike yours) on a very popular forum. Once the admin gave us approval, we raised thousands for various charities. Hope this happens for you Iceman, and for the champs.
              Thank you Redd...maybe I just try it and wait see if anyone puts a stop to it????

Comment

Thank you Redd...maybe I just try it and wait see if anyone puts a stop to it????
                That's what we did. And, they pulled the brakes. After we showed them proof what we were doing was legit, and there was a lot of support from the forum members, it came back stronger.
                Best of luck my man.

Comment

How about Wilfred? I visited him at his home last year...HEART BREAKING to see in person!!!!!
                  Definitely for Benitez but couldn't care less for McClellan.

I'm gonna be back in Puerto Rico either later this year or early next. I want to see if I can interview Gomez and Tito and visit Benitez. He lives in Carolina right? I usually stay in Condado.

Comment

I'd be interested to see if you have any Salvador Sanchez memorabilia or the program from Marquez-Pacquaio I.

Comment

Working...
                    X