Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kell Brook to return March 15th against another tuneup

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I understand the frustration with his lack of progression but what do you expect him to do? His promoter won't spend the cash to get a big name US fighter to travel, and no one on the other side of the pond wants to risk their fighter against Brook. His best option is to sit tight until the mandatory comes round in the middle of the year. Would you do any different?

Comment

Lol, it's in his DNA, he had the cheek to put the blame on an easy target earlier in his career, frank warren.

Comment

He's got his mandatory later in the year he's just staying busy until then.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
          He's got his mandatory later in the year he's just staying busy until then.
          He should have fought the winner of Alexander and Purdy but he went and fought Senchenko, and now he should be fighting the winner of Porter and Alexander and what does he go and do, wait for it.... another tune up fight

Comment

Originally posted by Fuzzy-101 View Post
            He should have fought the winner of Alexander and Purdy but he went and fought Senchenko, and now he should be fighting the winner of Porter and Alexander and what does he go and do, wait for it.... another tune up fight
            Not his fault Porter is allowed a voluntary by the IBF or is that somehow Kel's fault?

Comment

Kell could had faced Alexander and if he would had beat him we may had Brook/Floyd instead. He would had a lot of options but he continues his reign of terror against lower tier of fighters

At this point I dont care to much for him since he is never going to step it up unless it looks like a beatable fighter.

He is the british Gary Russell

Comment

Injuries have plauged his momentum for sure. That said he's going to get his shot at the IBF after Porter fights his voluntary defense..so unless he got a big money fight like Khan in the mean-time, i don't see why he would stray away from that route.

Shame we never got to see him face Alexander..there was no doubt in my mind he would of beat him and took his title.

Comment

Originally posted by komodo View Post
                  Not his fault Porter is allowed a voluntary by the IBF or is that somehow Kel's fault?
                  Precisely.

I'm not happy with Brook's opposition but this here can't be helped.

It's either wait out until the mandatory with Porter or stay busy in between.

Comment

All Kell Brook needs to do stay relevant is say how he will knock Amir Khan out and then say he will be champion followed by it being his year.

Comment

Working...
                    X