Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are some movies you liked that the critics did not?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Castle

Comment

"Howard the Duck," Lea Thompson was hot, alternate realities are a cool concept, and I really like saying "The Nexus Of Sominus."

Comment

Originally posted by megas30 View Post
        First knight. I love that movie. I watch it every time it comes on cable. Julia Ormond has a certain feminine charm to her that I really appreciate.
        Lmao I saw this movie on a date in the summer between 6th and 7th grade. I agree with you.

Comment

Originally posted by El Gitano View Post
          I remember Armageddon was voted one of the worst movies of 1998 and I really liked it.
          Originally posted by megas30 View Post
          First knight. I love that movie. I watch it every time it comes on cable. Julia Ormond has a certain feminine charm to her that I really appreciate.
          This^^^^^

Also, don't know if the critics liked the American Pie saga (I have a feeling they didn't,) but I love it.

Comment

These movies were all panned by the critics, but I enjoyed them:

A Walk Among the Tombstones (2014)

The Frozen Ground (2013)

Sniper: Reloaded (2011)

The Last Castle (2001)

The Eagle (2011)

The Legend of Hercules (2014)

Ironclad (2011)

Soldier (1998)

Clash of the Titans (2010)

Wrath of the Titans (2012)

Knowing (2009)

The 13th Warrior (1999)

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
              What movies were given poor ratings by the critics, but you enjoyed?

I'll start with three:

Northmen: A Viking Saga

My rating: 9/10

Legionnaire

My rating: 8/10

Sword of Vengeance

My rating: 8/10
              I haven't seen Legionnaire, but the other two were pretty awful movies. There have been plenty of great and well received action movies outside of mad max. Both Raid films were exception the first had little to no plot, Rogue Nation, Spectre, The Revenant is already receiving rave reviews. All of Tarantinos films are well received and exceptional, John Wick was really well reviews and I loved it. Some movies are just bad movies, but they can be enjoyable to watch. Vikings the TV series is the best way to enjoy that time period that TV series has had rave reviews.

Recently I really enjoyed Everest but it got pretty mediocre reviews,

Comment

I liked the Robocop remake. On the other topic, 3rd wave feminism is useless and another byproduct of the left churning out fake problems to wind up young impressionable minds. There is literally no war on women or minorities. There is legitimate pushback against Islam right now, but the onus lies on the backs of the moderate Muslims to take back their religion from the zealots.

Comment

John Carpenter's The Thing - Possibly my favourite film of All-Time.

2:25

Comment

Originally posted by Ryn0 View Post
                    I haven't seen Legionnaire, but the other two were pretty awful movies. There have been plenty of great and well received action movies outside of mad max. Both Raid films were exception the first had little to no plot, Rogue Nation, Spectre, The Revenant is already receiving rave reviews. All of Tarantinos films are well received and exceptional, John Wick was really well reviews and I loved it. Some movies are just bad movies, but they can be enjoyable to watch. Vikings the TV series is the best way to enjoy that time period that TV series has had rave reviews.

Recently I really enjoyed Everest but it got pretty mediocre reviews,
                    The critics like movies that are in the following categories:

1) movies with feminist theme/sub-themes
                    2) movies that portray Christians in a negative way, portray other religions in a positive way
                    3) movies that have non-whites as honorable decent people, and white people as evil, selfish, immoral, dishonorable or foolish. White men should NOT be portrayed as heroic!
                    4) movies that are directed by members of a certain clique like Tarantino and Scorcese, or by gays like Bryan Singer and Roland Emmerich
                    5) movies that portray gays in a positive way
                    6) movies that degrade/ridicule old family values

A Walk Among the Tombstones (2014) was a decent thriller, but was panned by the critics because it DARED portray a gay couple as serial killers. That's not politically correct!

The critics hated Troy because there were no non-whites and no ****sexuals in the movie. Of course, there were no non-whites in Greece around 1000 BC, so it was historically accurate. But it wasn't politically correct!

They liked Mad Max: Fury Road because most of the women were portrayed as courageous and heroic, while all the men except one were portrayed as cruel, selfish and evil. Now that's politically correct!

Comment

Originally posted by 2ofEverything View Post
                      The video version.

Comment

Working...
                      X