Would Fury have beaten Haye in 2013?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Absolutely, Haye is a fukin joke

Comment

Fury woulda gotten a 9-3, 8-4 type decision unless the ref stops the fight due to too much toe damage for Haye to continue.

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
        Fury would struggle with Hayes speed similar to how he did with Cunningham to begin with and Haye has that same looping right hand
        Haye vs Fury is the same as Haye vs Wlad, because of size and ability to fight on the outside!

The difference between Fury and Wlad, is that Fury is waaay bigger, and longer, and WAAAY more natural, instinctive! Fury is a pureboxer! I mean he moves like a welterweight and is slick as hell!

Wlad is a short, bummy version of Fury! Fury would do Haye dirty, and Haye would look even smaller, and slower!

Haye pulled out of that fight for a reason, and him vs Fury would be worse than him vs Wlad! Except Fury is better, bigger, more natural, more accurate, and sharper! I always knew Fury would dominate Haye!

Comment

At the time I thought Haye was the worst possible match-up for Fury, style-wise. Now I'm not so sure.

I still think (and Fury agrees) that it's a tougher fight for him than Wlad. Yes, I know Wlad beat Haye, but triangular logic doesn't win fights.

Comment

Originally posted by MurkaMan View Post
            Haye vs Fury is the same as Haye vs Wlad, because of size and ability to fight on the outside!

The difference between Fury and Wlad, is that Fury is waaay bigger, and longer, and WAAAY more natural, instinctive! Fury is a pureboxer! I mean he moves like a welterweight and is slick as hell!

Wlad is a short, bummy version of Fury! Fury would do Haye dirty, and Haye would look even smaller, and slower!

Haye pulled out of that fight for a reason, and him vs Fury would be worse than him vs Wlad! Except Fury is better, bigger, more natural, more accurate, and sharper! I always knew Fury would dominate Haye!
            Fury had a lot of success because Wlad is literally right there to hit, Haye has very good head movement and is quick and hits very hard...This would be a very interesting fight

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
              Fury had a lot of success because Wlad is literally right there to hit, Haye has very good head movement and is quick and hits very hard...This would be a very interesting fight
              Yea but Wlad and Fury fight the same, with the exception of Fury being more natural, and a pureboxer! On top of that, he's twice the size of Wlad!

Haye has good headmovement but he couldnt move AND counter on Wlad, because he was too small to get close! And he's fighting a big robotic bum, who is decent at keeping range on smaller fighters!

Fury is a whole nother animal, and he is GREAT at keeping range, and even bigger! Haye wouldnt be able to take chances, so he may avoid and still not be able to land! But with Fury being so much bigger, faster, sharper, and accurate than Wlad, I think he can land on him a few good times!

So I think it would be like the Wlad/Haye fight, with Haye avoiding and not landing, but maybe getting hit a little bit more than he did against Wlad!

Fury wins, but Im wondering if he can actually touch haye enough to stop him, or will Haye be able to survive being the smaller guy, and take a UD loss!

Comment

At the time I was thinking that Haye would only have 5-6 rounds in him. He was looking pretty gassed at the end of the Chisora fight. (It was a beautiful KO though).

It's was going to take a lot of energy (in his legs) to attempt to find the right timing to burst in with power shots like he wants to do. IDK if that kind of stuff can be recaptured all the way. Apart from being gassed, we now know other part of his body were banged up according to him. Fury to win that 2013 fight.

If it happens in the future...it will be even harder for Haye. makes me think of Pascal who at his older age is trying to search on ways to get that similar sort of burst back in his legs by hooking up with Roach. Haye will have to do the same to even have the slightest chance, otherwise his legs will be heavy and he'll be in trouble
                Last edited by LA_2_Vegas; 11-30-2015, 09:02 PM.

Comment

I think Haye would win by KO. Wlad should have won by KO. Wlad just didn't fight well or put forth a 100% effort at least that is what it looked like to me. Fury just sort of tapped his way to victory with some weird sloppy looking punches. Fury won quite easily but I sure didn't see anything special about him. Haye would beat the Wlad that showed up against Fury. I hear that Fury's win will bring new life and excitement to the heavyweight division and how great this is for boxing. Fury seems just as dull and unexciting as Wlad in the ring and I thought their fight was a real dud. Two giants fought each other and I never saw either of them get hurt all fight. Fury landed most of the punches but his punches looked like taps while Wlad hardly punched at all.

Comment

Back when it was lined up, I was all in on Fury. I was never impressed with Haye, ever. He never had real confidence in himself at heavyweight. He was all about taking shortcuts.

Comment

Yes, and I'll tell you exactly how.

First, unlike the Cunningham fight, Fury would be sure to bring his A game to this one. That means lots of moving, lots of sharp jabs, lots of upper body movement and counter shots. Basically what he did in the Johnson fight. Haye tries his usual ambush style, spending most of the fight doing sweet FA before leaping in winging wild shots over the top. Fury in turn sees every shot coming and deflects them on the shoulders or outrights avoids them while throwing his own uppercuts and counter hooks to punish the sloppy Haye. Every time Haye comes close he gets tied up and mauled.

By about the mid rounds he's knackered from the constant pressure Fury's putting him under and begins to wilt. Fury in turn starts to step up the pressure, throwing grinding bodyshots and uppercuts and pushing Haye against the ropes. Think Cunningham fight, latter rounds. Haye begins to mark up and bruise and becomes increasingly sloppy as his desperation mounts. Fury continues to see everything coming his way and continues to maul Haye every time they get in close. By about round nine or ten Haye has had enough and asks to be pulled out of the fight amidst boos. He later blames his pulling out on some BS excuse (funny tummy or something) to avoid being labelled a coward. It doesn't work.

Comment

Working...
                      X