Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: No Robbery at MSG, But Golovkin's Future Plans are Criminal

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rounds 1 and 3 to jacobs just doesnt make any sense. bad card. bad person!

Comment

• I watched it again last night and scored a close decision to GGG 114-113. I certainly see some rounds going the other way and I would not complain. In my view, Jacobs was really starting to feel the impact of GGG power punches. Jacobs was looking very wary in the last two rounds especially.
      I disagree with Mr. Fitzsimmons assessment of GGG plans. No way that GGG lands Canelo next and won't gain much by taking an immediate rematch with Jacobs. I do think Jacobs get his rematch but three fights down the road. When you are the champ you get call the shots.

Comment

• GGG needs to step up the competition.... this is what happens when you stop fighting stiffs... look at Keith Thurman... hes not knocking everybody out anymore

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
          I don't think it was a robbery even though I had Jacobs winning 7-5. Was a very close fight.

I am looking forward to seeing what the ggg fans say if he doesn't rematch Jacobs next.

Historically, they are very critical of boxers that don't rematch close fights immediately. The very worst ggg fans label this ducking the rematch.

Let's see if they are consistent or change. If they change, I think we should discuss why.
          GGG fans and CONSISTENT?? Are you high??? That will NEVER happen. If this was a video game GGG fans would be Lvl. 100 Hypocrites. With the special ability to talk out their ass.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigBobArum View Post
            Stupid article! GGG has stated for years that his goal is to become unified middleweight champion of the world. It's important for his boxing legacy. He's avoided absolutely nobody on his path to taking all the belts but has been avoided/ducked repeatedly by the likes of BJS/Jacobs/Canelo. When Jacobs finally mustered up the courage to get in the ring with him he got dropped, wobbled multiple times, outpunched and outlanded. Despite a 15lbs+ weight advantage and huge height/reach advantages, Jacobs didn't even trouble GGG once who kept marching forward all night. So much for his vaunted 90% KO ratio lol. I scored the fight exactly the same as the 2 ringside judges 115-112 for GGG. BJS holds the only belt GGG needs to fulfil his goal so it makes perfect sense to fight him next. BJS might be a bum in your eyes but he's a champion who Canelo's avoided plus he already defeated Eubank Jr who many r3tards on here thought could trouble GGG lol.

Once GGG runs through BJS like a freight train he'll be in a position to take the bigger fights against the likes of Canelo or vacate and move up to fight other champions.
            Originally posted by Progrssive_Jedi View Post
            That's funny as shot.

Next time some things will be different.

1. GGG will no longer have to abide by the IBF. Let him bulk up too. Oh wait, size only matters when ggg fights Brook and Canelo.

2. GGG won't have two important fights on the line, he'll have beaten Suanders and Canelo. He can take more risk. Too respectful of Jacobs power.

3. Won't be mandatory. Cap that rehydrating to LHW crap. All I hear is we have weight classes for a reason.
            Originally posted by whatismyname View Post
            Strongly disagree, BJS is ducking ok...but it's not a paper title. He won it against a champ in the ring. As long as WBO is recognized, you can't call it paper. And undisputed >>> victory against any single opponent.
            Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
            Public outcry for a rematch lmfao. Jacobs barely has fans. This fight almost is assured of doing subpar PPV numbers. A immediate rematch makes lil sense & strategically to force Canelo to fight GGG winning the last title before Canelo wins it makes more sense. Beating BJS for a belt does more for GGG long term than beating Jacobs again in June or September. Jacobs will still be there in December or early 2018 & my assumption is Jacobs will likely not fight before late 2017 anyway with his schedule as of late.

And if GGG is ducking there needs to a whole new level of ducking created to cover what Canelo has been doing as he hasn't fought a live body in awhile.

I just wanna see GGG vs Canelo. F#ck all the fanboy of either guy f#ggotry. I don't see how Oscar isn't the problem here as he's the guy who holds all the cards, but GBP makes money off of Canelo only right now. Oscar wants a future for his promotion thus we are getting a ton of bs fights for Canelo as of late.
            Originally posted by Progrssive_Jedi View Post
            It's pathetic a guy writing and pretending to know the sport doesn't know that Eubanks and Lee were ranked.

But sure, after beating Jacobs he should let the weight bully try again. Nope, next time ggg is gonna make sure he isn't light by 10-15 pounds.
            Originally posted by DeLorean View Post
            I had Jacobs winning as well. but disagree with the writer.

I don't see nothing wrong with GGG wanting to be undisputed. it'll be a tremendous accomplishment. something rarely seen. and if he breaks Hopkins defense record he goes in history books. period.

there's no comparison to Hopkins. nobody was putting pressure on Bhop to move up even though his level of opposition wasn't much better than GGG.

the Jacobs that we saw vs GGG most likely runs through Bernard's resume at 160 undefeated. just being real.

Hopkins was on the MW throne for almost 20 years. and if judges had given him the win vs Taylor he would've never moved up.

he finally moved up at age 41.

I say let GGG accomplish his dreams of being undisputed and even though he downplays it I know he wants to shatter Hopkins defense record.

another thing, what other boxer in this era would be planning on getting back in the ring just 3 months after their toughest fight? answer is none.

I can't stand his coach or his fans. and yes I believe Jacobs won. but officially GGG got the W and nobody gonna change that.

if Billy Hoe wasn't holding the belt hostage GGG would've accomplished this long ago.

1. beat Billy Hoe in June (undisputed)
            2. try again to fight Eubank in September (I highly doubt Canelo fight happens this year)
            3. Jacobs rematch in December to attempt to break Hopkins record
            4. Canelo next year
            5. either move up or retire

if GGG goes out like this. winning all these fights then all criticism is out the window. even though I pick Canelo to beat him.
            Originally posted by robbyheartbaby View Post
            Crap article GGG wants to unify the division and more power to him. Not like all these chumps motivated by money. What's all this IBO title defences stuff he picked up the WBA strap well before that. Not a lot of legitimate facts made here just another hater smh.
            When will GGG's realize that outside of them, and a few novice fight fans. Nobody gives a **** about his pointless and meaningless belt quest. Never have, never will. F.uck his "personal goals." Especially when his "personal goals" include chasing after C level paper trinket holds and guys in lower divisions. GGG has ZERO legitimate reasons not to give Jacobs a rematch. Division supremacy isn't about collecting belts. Its about clearly beating all the guys that people believe are the best in the division. That's a solid number of folks that feel GGG lost to Jacobs. Even more that think the fight was close enough that had Jacobs got the decision, it would have been just. Give the man his rematch. Beat his ass. Remove all doubt. That's what real champions do.

Comment

• Originally posted by daggum View Post
              rounds 1 and 3 to jacobs just doesnt make any sense. bad card. bad person!
              Quit crying! GGG the UNSTOPPABLE myth is dead.

To be fair though none of the judges gave round 1 to Jacobs. And only 1 gave him round 3.

Comment

• I would like to see a rematch also but 1st they need to look at the ppv numbers. They had an AWESOME undercard as well as a very good fight but if the ppv tanked I doubt a rematch on ppv would do any better if not worse??? If HBO won't buy the rematch for regular HBO then there won't and shouldn't be a rematch... I don't know GGG contract but if he can he should jump over the SHOWTIME where they still do fights.

Jacobs vs. GGG II on prime time CBS??? Makes a sht ton of sense.

Comment

• I can't believe people gave Jacobs 1 and 3. You have to basically give Golovkin no credit for controlling those rounds with hard jabs.

Comment

• I said many of the same things this writer did SUNDAY

https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/s...d.php?t=740248

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                      I can't believe people gave Jacobs 1 and 3. You have to basically give Golovkin no credit for controlling those rounds with hard jabs.
                      Jacobs didn't get KO'd and GGG can NEVER be a boxer...so Jacobs wins those rounds lol
                      That's all it is

Comment

Working...
                      X