Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should we stop overhypeing old fighters and down playing the new fighters?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should we stop overhypeing old fighters and down playing the new fighters?

Guys like Lold Marshall Jimmy Bivins Jack Dempsey Marcaino o fell get hyped up just because they came first. Dont get me wrong they all prob rank in top 100 p4p but you gotta crazy if you think these dudes clean out todays divisions.

Henry Armstong prime example easily top 5 p4p great but if you think he comes and dominates todays 147 dividion you on crack lol.

Terance Crawford just unified his division but die hards constantly try and down play his resume for doing so. I guarantee if he was a 50s fighter and this happend it would not be the case.
    I fell a todays bum fighter can be a atg if they fought in the past like a Rios , John Molina, Rosado .
    Rocky Graziano a guy who has barley any boxing skill and his only real assets are his punch power and tough chin (thoe he did drop Robinson) if he can be a atg so can they honestly.

Originally posted by Blue54 View Post
    Guys like Lold Marshall Jimmy Bivins Jack Dempsey Marcaino o fell get hyped up just because they came first. Dont get me wrong they all prob rank in top 100 p4p but you gotta crazy if you think these dudes clean out todays divisions.

Henry Armstong prime example easily top 5 p4p great but if you think he comes and dominates todays 147 dividion you on crack lol.

Terance Crawford just unified his division but die hards constantly try and down play his resume for doing so. I guarantee if he was a 50s fighter and this happend it would not be the case.
    I fell a todays bum fighter can be a atg if they fought in the past like a Rios , John Molina, Rosado .
    Rocky Graziano a guy who has barley any boxing skill and his only real assets are his punch power and tough chin (thoe he did drop Robinson) if he can be a atg so can they honestly.
    One thing nobody ever thinks about is the old school guys fought 58 times a yr lol. And if they gave awful performances or got blown out because they "werent ready" then theyd have a truly hard time supporting themselves and family. Nowadays its a very lazy sport and if they dont work hard etc they can just fall back on foodstamps. The back against the wall era built strong character as in even the middle tier guys would probably laugh at the notion of fighting todays spoiled athletes. I think if you realize the times of men being men and doing what they had to do in order to LIVE then its easy to come to a sensible conclusion. I believe lamotta and robinson fought twice within a month against each other. It was balls to the wall so to speak.

Comment

I am confused by what you are saying. If you think there are more recent boxers or boxers fighting today the same weight as Armstrong who would beat Armstrong in a boxing match then why should Armstrong be ranked above them? Are you saying a mediocre boxer like Rios, Rosado or Molina could have been great if they fought long ago? I don't agree. Today's best boxers are great and can fight their ass off but so could the best boxers of the 30s 40s and 50s. I think guys like Rios, Molina and Rodado would get beat by the better fighters of long ago just as they lose to the better fighters of today. Today's best fighters are just as good as the old guys but not better in my opinion. They can never fight each other so it's all just guessing. There is film of many of the old timers and some of them looked damn good to me. I think they would kick ass today just as they did back then. A prime Robinson might be the welterweight champion today and a prime Armstrong might be the light weight champion if he was fighting now.

Comment

lol. if a boxer has all his fights in black n white footage then hes automatically TBE. dont debate this its science. only cowards fight in high definition.

Comment

I think fans measure fighters from all eras too much in general no matter where they come down at (old guys > new guys or old guys < new guys). Its ultimately a silly topic thats unprovable either way.

Just let the best guys now be the best guys now. And let the best guys of the past be the best guys of their specific era.

Comment

You're asking boxing fans to be realistic and stop shooting its own sport down.

Do you really think this will ever happen?

For one, they dont want too and downgrade great fightersin the present like it makes THEM feel better , as if they are competing against them .

And two , seem to think its a rule that you cant possibly get better as time moves on. Thispoint alone , an intelligent person has to think why are they even die hard dans the? Bc thats azz backwards logic .

The passing down of misinformation and super hyper bowl from decade too to decades is a bit much for such a new generation of ADD fans not willing to put their own actual views in .

Instead they listen to nostalgic nut cases who would know as much about boxing as the average guy who watched boxing for a few years if they were around today , theres a few on here .

Should WE stop overhyping old fighters ? Its not a question of should ,its a question will boxing fans ever have more logical fans than illogical ones? Nope .

Comment

Originally posted by Blue54 View Post

Put it in this perspective you stupid mfer who don’t know **** about past boxing history. Are all past champs better than today’s champs. Absolutely not, it would be crazy to think and believe that. There was definitely some tomato can champs back then too.

But give me any top rated champ from yesteryear and I’d be confident in saying that the top champs of yesteryear beat the top champs of today easily 8 out of 10 Times. The hunger, drive, and comp level was just higher back then. Greats always fought other great, as they had to because there wasnt 10 world titles floating around like today. The old adage of iron sharpens irons. Well iron from yesteryear was way sharper than it is today

Comment

Working...
              X