Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else think that Bruce Curry beat Wilfredo Benitez ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dynamite Kid View Post
    Yeah i would say Benitez may have took the last 2 rounds of the fight possibly 3, after he regrouped and got his legs back under him. Mind you his cause was helped by Curry punching himself out when he had Benitez hurt. Id have given Benitez 4 rounds at the MOST. Which is a close fight considering it was a 10 rounder. However you knew Curry had won the fight clearly even though it was close in the end.
    I think I had it 5-4-1 or 6-4 in favor of Curry, I haven't watched the fight in a while though and yeah, I felt Curry won the fight and it's a shame he didn't get the decision, it would have been his biggest win by far. Not to make excuses for Benitez but I think he didn't train much for the fight and took Curry lightly, but even so, he still had trouble with Curry in their second fight.

A little off topic but Bruce Curry was involved in a great underrated classic with Monroe Brooks.

Comment

Originally posted by Silencers View Post
      I think I had it 5-4-1 or 6-4 in favor of Curry, I haven't watched the fight in a while though and yeah, I felt Curry won the fight and it's a shame he didn't get the decision, it would have been his biggest win by far. Not to make excuses for Benitez but I think he didn't train much for the fight and took Curry lightly, but even so, he still had trouble with Curry in their second fight.

A little off topic but Bruce Curry was involved in a great underrated classic with Monroe Brooks.

Yeah sounds about right to me.

Did Munroe Brooks fight Duran or Arguello? i seem to remember his name. I think he was stopped on a body shot or something, if im right. Thanks for the tip i will look out for that fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Dynamite Kid View Post
        Yeah sounds about right to me.

Did Munroe Brooks fight Duran or Arguello? i seem to remember his name. I think he was stopped on a body shot or something, if im right. Thanks for the tip i will look out for that fight.
        Brooks fought Duran not long after he fought Curry and he fought Saensek Muangsurin (RIP) for the light welterweight title. Very good amateur, solid professional fighter.

You can read up on the fight here, they threw power punches from beginning to end, tried to knock each others head off from the opening bell.

http://www.*********.com/article_detail.php?AT=400

fight beat.com
        Last edited by Silencers; 04-21-2009, 12:00 PM.

Comment

Is this fight up?

Comment

Brooks fought Duran not long after he fought Curry and he fought Saensek Muangsurin (RIP) for the light welterweight title. Very good amateur, solid professional fighter.

You can read up on the fight here, they threw power punches from beginning to end, tried to knock each others head off from the opening bell.

http://www.*********.com/article_detail.php?AT=400

fight beat.com
            ..........Nice one!!

Comment

I thought it was a close fight in terms of rounds scoring, which was the scoring system in place for that fight, I still thought Curry pulled it out though, in points, Curry definitely won and I also can't believe that fight wasn't stopped, Benitez was out.
              New York was one of the last states to go to the points system.

Comment

Working...
              X