No announcement yet.

Lomachenko showboating is celebrated, When Gervonta Davis does its criticized

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mathed View Post
    I don't really care about showboating but come on man, Davis is a thug. Whether you are white, black, "brown" or whatever, the human intellect can tell trouble when they see it and Davis is going to be trouble, just like people could tell with Broner. Nothing to do with skin color or nationality, it's his character and/or upbringing.
    How's is this all relevant to his abilities or showboating inside the ring? He's an animal in the ring. This is Non Stop Boxing. Let's talk boxing.

Anyways, if anything, from a warrior's perspective, shouldn't we want hardened thugs who give zero **** in the ring?

I don't know, man, but it kinda seems too personal on NSB. Some talking about his education, others calling him autistic, gay, ignorant, and so on.

What's up with all this?

Comment

Originally posted by mcdonalds View Post
      So loma being disrespectful and arrogant in interviews outside the ring doesnt make him arrogant like davis??

Even if davis is uneducated what does that have to do when it comes to being likable? Im still waiting on examples though since you can't back up your claims

You need to strengthen your argument, its very weak and inconsistent.
      Not really inconsistent. It just keeps going over your head.

If he's uneducated, people will categorize him as an idiot. So when he does showboat, people will lump him with all the other idiots out there and think he's just acting like the regular douche that he is.

Lomachenko isn't really that arrogant outside the ring and much more educated and humble than most fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by Raonic View Post
        Not really inconsistent. It just keeps going over your head.

If he's uneducated, people will categorize him as an idiot. So when he does showboat, people will lump him with all the other idiots out there and think he's just acting like the regular douche that he is.

Lomachenko isn't really that arrogant outside the ring and much more educated and humble than most fighters.
        What has Gervonta done that makes him more unlikebale and more of douche than loma?

Especially when loma is more disrespectful and more arrogant

Comment

What has Gervonta done that makes him more unlikebale and more of douche than loma?

Especially when loma is more disrespectful and more arrogant
          I just told you. He's uneducated and tries to mimic the Floyd lifestyle that clearly doesn't portray being humble. So when he does showboat, people will lump those together and call him a douche for it.

Loma showboats but you can't really relate that to what he does in his regular life.

Comment

Originally posted by Raonic View Post
            I just told you. He's uneducated and tries to mimic the Floyd lifestyle that clearly doesn't portray being humble. So when he does showboat, people will lump those together and call him a douche for it.

Loma showboats but you can't really relate that to what he does in his regular life.
            stop with these blanket statements and actually create a concrete argument with examples.

you seem like you're uneducated

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat;18324431[B
              ]How's is this all relevant to his abilities or showboating inside the ring? He's an animal in the ring. This is Non Stop Boxing. Let's talk boxing.[/B]

Anyways, if anything, from a warrior's perspective, shouldn't we want hardened thugs who give zero **** in the ring?

I don't know, man, but it kinda seems too personal on NSB. Some talking about his education, others calling him autistic, gay, ignorant, and so on.

What's up with all this?
              The world doesn't work that way. How he lives his life will be factored in along with what he does inside the ring, whether we like it or not.

There's a reason Trump gets bashed for everything outside of the decisions he makes in office. You can't expect people to believe right away he's a good politician when he can't even have proper common sense when making decisions outside of the office.

Comment

stop with these blanket statements and actually create a concrete argument with examples.

you seem like you're uneducated
                Not blanket statements. Common sense.

Both showboat. I'm telling you people take it differently because in addition to them showboating, one lives an unlikable lifestyle while one doesn't.

Comment

I don't mind a bit of showboating. As long as they don't seriously mock them.

But if people like showboating from certain fighters and not others, then bias is definitely playing it's part.

Comment

or maybe he has a speech impediment or shy speaking on camera.

So that makes it ok to hate him for showboating but be ok with loma doing it? Especially when loma is more disrespectful and showboats on a more regular basis
                    lol. did you read my post? he beats people in the streets too, just like broner. also he was mocking his opponent on the floor last time a saw him. imitating him. dude isn't shy, he is just ******ed

Comment

• Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                      I think it makes a fighter look like a douche if he does it while he's giving a beat-down. Skin color doesn't really come into the equation.

If he does it to taunt during a competitive fight, or even when he's losing, that's just being emotional. Doing it while you're crushing a guy means you have no class.
                      wow.. this right here explains the whole thing..

Comment

Working...
                      X