Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Will Boxing Take a Stand (Or a Knee) on Anthem Protests?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
    Yeah I started watching yesterday thinking sht back to normal and they did it again... Click! TV off! No more NFL
    There was only 2 sports I followed and now I am down to 1.....hopefully Boxing will get there ass in gear and not follow suit

Comment

• Hopefully these fighters show up fight , be respectful and leave their political views at home....p.s. except for Lara.....he doesn't show up to fight....he shows up with his beautiful tennis shoes and ballerinas his way around
      Last edited by TexasCowBoy; 10-02-2017, 04:25 PM.

Comment

• This kneeling is a bunch of bs Blacks kill Blacks at record numbers and all you hear from the media is crickets just watch the First 48 hours

Comment

• Originally posted by Metho_4u View Post
          Ali's entire career was centered around racism and complaining about it, so idk wtf you're talking about.
          imagine a black person complaining about racism in the 1960s... crazy eh? I wonder why they would complain.
          How do young people express the concept... GTFOH?

In any event, your problem is that you claimed something different than what you wrote now in this same thread.
          Make up your mind, learn a thing or two, come back. bye puto.

Comment

• Originally posted by wmute View Post
            imagine a black person complaining about racism in the 1960s... crazy eh? I wonder why they would complain.
            How do young people express the concept... GTFOH?

In any event, your problem is that you claimed something different than what you wrote now in this same thread.
            Make up your mind, learn a thing or two, come back. bye puto.
            I don't have an issue with black people protesting or not liking the history of this country.

What I take issue with is that there's plenty of people who would LOVE to have their spot here and gladly stand if nothing else for our soldiers.

People lack respect, they lack heart, they lack integrity. The major reason for this whole issue? Trump got elected instead of a treasonous fake b1tch. They've been crying about it since, just the way they have about Floyd giving Manny a boxing lesson and Ward beating kovalev into submission.

Go **** yourself. have a nice day....puto

Comment

• It won't have any impact because the National anthem is not mandatory in boxing. Most of the time it's set up by the promoters.

What makes the kneeling during NFL games more rebellious is that the anthem is played before every game and players are instructed to stand.

How about just removing the national anthem from sporting events? I don't know about everyone else, but I've always hated listening to any national anthem before games. I find it annoying and as another thing that delays the fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
                I'm with you on that! I swear to god when I was younger me and 3 friends were walking home at night when a bunch of cops stopped us and said we fit the description of known gang members. One big white cop started putting on those finger less gloves and I was like ohh SHT!!!

My friend got ****y saying they had no right to mess with us and the cop started wailing on him like no tomorrow... Beat the FUK at of him and we all had other cops ready to shoot us if we even flinched to help him. They arrested him for obstructing an officer and a bunch of other BS charges. So i got know love for dirty cops or even ones that let that sht go down.

The military is different IMO. I do like their idea kneel before the flag and then stand when they start singing. Show your not happy but support the military and what they are fighting for. I have a lot of family in the military and they're torn about this. I enlisted in the Marines and went through all the ASVAB and physical but failed the hearing part. I used to box a lot and took too many hits to my left ear. Lost 80% of my hearing in the ear from a busted ear drum. Or I would of been right next to them.
                I have a question, what are they fighting for exactly? Seems to me we are just making things worse and we'll never get out of there, with no real objective or plan. I do not support that, at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by TexasCowBoy View Post
                  There was only 2 sports I followed and now I am down to 1.....hopefully Boxing will get there ass in gear and not follow suit
                  You stopped watching a sport because people kneel during an anthem? Let's ignore all the people in the stands, getting beer, not paying any attention to the anthem at all, which is nothing more than a glorification of war and nationalist nonsense.

I can think of many, many things worse than kneeling during a song but I'm sure you look the other way...like all them ****ty cops out there getting a free pass cuz their job is "dangerous" (barely in the top 10 for dangerous jobs in the USA, power-line workers don't get to break the law last I checked).

Comment

• Originally posted by chicken- View Post
                    I have a question, what are they fighting for exactly? Seems to me we are just making things worse and we'll never get out of there, with no real objective or plan. I do not support that, at all.
                    I dont know anymore?? At firat i thought it was police brutality?? Now it seems more like against Trump??

Comment

• Originally posted by chicken- View Post
                      You stopped watching a sport because people kneel during an anthem? Let's ignore all the people in the stands, getting beer, not paying any attention to the anthem at all, which is nothing more than a glorification of war and nationalist nonsense.

I can think of many, many things worse than kneeling during a song but I'm sure you look the other way...like all them ****ty cops out there getting a free pass cuz their job is "dangerous" (barely in the top 10 for dangerous jobs in the USA, power-line workers don't get to break the law last I checked).
                      Yeah cops sayong their job is soo dangerous does get old. Most signed up to beat people or hit on chicks. My girl got pulled over and the one of the cops was like why wont you talk to me?? Because im Black... She was like no. Its because if I say the wrong thing you will arrest me. Cops are dumb as fuk.

The best thing is just try and keep it simple. If I was Black no f'ing way would I talk to a white cop...Ive seen them twist up words way to many times.
                      Last edited by Shadoww702; 10-03-2017, 08:08 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X