Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Terence Crawford-Julius Indongo: Risk All Around

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gotta be honest i know next to nothing about Indongo havent gotten a chance to see any highlights probly gonna see what I can pull up on youtube when i take my lunch break in about an hour or so. From a nonbiased pov what are his chances against crawford? He's kinda popped outta no where if he were to upset Crawford that would be crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
      '' Since the WBO came into existence in the late 1980s, only two fighters have held all four major belts simultaneously: Bernard Hopkins who unified the middleweight crown and Jermain Taylor who took it from him. The winner Saturday will be the third.''

Wow! great detail here by Mr. Rold. Why am I not surprised only Americans have accomplished this?
      Because it's not surprising at all.

Comment

Originally posted by bobd9842 View Post
        If he's clowning, he's winning. Hope he clowns all night long.
        Then a looping left hook from Indongo knocks him out Troyanovski style.

Comment

Originally posted by Corelone View Post
          Salido won't get it for him, Salido did his damage and the rematch isn't attractive, Loma was supposed to KO him the first time. Rigo can't draw at all, hard to see that working for him. Marriaga wasn't worth five.
          the salido rematch is attractive to everyone who aint named salido

Comment

This could turn out to be the best fight we've seen in a while. I am expecting Crawford to show why he is one of the best in the world by putting on a dominant performance.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx23 View Post
              gotta be honest i know next to nothing about Indongo havent gotten a chance to see any highlights probly gonna see what I can pull up on youtube when i take my lunch break in about an hour or so. From a nonbiased pov what are his chances against crawford? He's kinda popped outta no where if he were to upset Crawford that would be crazy.
              hes on a roll, got
              lotsa momentum. watch troyanovsky and go ah it could be a fluke then watch burns and go damn he is good. this is proof btw that crawford fights the best available opponents and so does indongo. man this really is the top two guys but crawford is on a other level. id LUV to see an upset tho, and hes got a lotta momentum!

Comment

Since the WBO came into existence in the late 1980s, only two fighters have held all four major belts simultaneously: Bernard Hopkins who unified the middleweight crown and Jermain Taylor who took it from him. The winner Saturday will be the third."
                3 fighters if we include Cecilia Braekhus.

Comment

Originally posted by killakali View Post
                  only seven figure purses? Lol. What should they get 8 figure purses? Lol. They are making a lot more than garcia and Broner got for their fight
                  Broner and Garcia each made a million. I don't know how much Bud and Indongo can really make over a million each.

"Had he missed weight, he would have lost $500,000 of his $1 million purse, the same purse as Garcia"
                  http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/i...-adrien-broner

Comment

risk? really? crawford is 1/20 on the win with uk bookies lol. is that what a risky fight is considered to be? A risky fight is what spence did by fighting brook, not what this clown is doing.

Comment

I'm rooting for Crawford in this, but Indongo is a beast and a machine. Don't be surprised if Indongo doesn't pull off a huge upset (to us American fans). This will be a very memorable fight ...

And the idea that if a great fighter loses a fight he somehow diminishes is ridiculous, and something the money-grabbers of the sport keep pushing. Ali lost to Frazier, and it made every fight after that larger. Lennox Lewis lost, and the same. Even Joe Louis lost, and it added to his greatness long term. Anyone can lose a fight ... the true champion will show up after the loss.

Comment

Working...
                      X