Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

have you ever had to sleep in your car??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• have you ever had to sleep in your car??

bout 5-6 years ago i had to sleep in my car for a couple weeks. it sucks a lot but things could be worse. i slept over at walmart where you quickly realize you're not alone. its not just truckers that sleep in those lots. had things in storage and used to shower at a friends house but couldn't stay there because too many ppl. i enrolled in school and did homework in the backseat. used a PO Box for mail. this was years back. nobody except 1 person had a clue i was living this way.

share your lowest "at the bottom" stories..

Yea it's nothing wrong with it if you gotta do what you gotta do.i use to slang illegal crap from my whip for months while living in it but I was able to save money to invest into real estate now I can sleep in a fleet of cars lol

Comment

I had to sleep in my truck for several months, after separating. A lot of sh.itting in public restrooms was the worst part for me.

Comment

I lived in my pinto for a couple weeks after getting kicked out of apt. I shared with 3 other guys when i lived in Cali. It was kinda fun, but other times, kinda not....lol. Cleaning up in public restrooms, gas stations...etc. Bad times.

They guy who kicked me out was 1st renter, and rent payer was his name. He was a real douchebag. Long story.

Comment

Only because I was too drunk to drive.

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
            I been there

Comment

Same here, did it for a few weeks as I was seriously training boxing and going to a new college in a new town and had little money. Parked at the Wal-Mart and found a way to make it work. Wasn't too bad actually, but you truly never feel rested.

Comment

Originally posted by blue_dolphin View Post
                bout 5-6 years ago i had to sleep in my car for a couple weeks. it sucks a lot but things could be worse. i slept over at walmart where you quickly realize you're not alone. its not just truckers that sleep in those lots. had things in storage and used to shower at a friends house but couldn't stay there because too many ppl. i enrolled in school and did homework in the backseat. used a PO Box for mail. this was years back. nobody except 1 person had a clue i was living this way.

share your lowest "at the bottom" stories..
                Sounds like you were young and trying to do school. Good for you. That does build character. When I was young my lowest was way after school, when in Louisiana where my wife is from, we had just arrived back and I didn't yet have a job. My mother in law was difficult and I didn't want to accept anything from her...we kept getting stray dogs so we would help them out, and were so broke that I could not afford to eat at times so that my son and wife could eat...and the dogs lol.

Sleeping in my car, I also did for about two weeks when I first moved many years back to San Francisco. I had a volkswagen bus...Actually it was very comfortable. Some of the best sleep I got. It just worked out that way...Even now I have a 2002 Mercedes ML500 and a bad leg injury and that car is so comfortable I could easily sleep in it.

Comment

Originally posted by Lopez_Boxing View Post
                  I been there
                  Who you kidding Lopez...saw you yesterday at the dollar store lot making curtains for the car windows!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
                    I wish i had been smart enough to do that 3 times. Good on you.

Comment

Working...
                    X