No announcement yet.

UK fans can’t watch “DAZN” fights?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UK fans can’t watch “DAZN” fights?

I thought Sky Sports still has its outlets to watch DAZN fights. You don’t get DAZN commentary, but you still get the feed and Sky’s team. Canelo Fielding?

DAZN USA and Sky are different companies, Hearn just works for both. Sky do their own coverage of most DAZN cards.

Comment

I really want to know too. I think that prick (Hearn) would probably stop it from happening. Its all well nice trying to save americans from paying $75 for each PPV, but DAZN would completely ruin sky sports and Bt sport/ITV box office over here. We are NOT that gullible to be paying £20 per PPV when there is an option to pay £10 per month for all fights.

Comment

They work side by side. The dazn model won’t be adopted here though

Comment

Originally posted by earl-hickey View Post
          DAZN USA and Sky are different companies, Hearn just works for both. Sky do their own coverage of most DAZN cards.
          Don't fall for the bait.

People are asking why would Chisora go over to DAZN. Sky Covers DAZN. lol. They all benefit.

So for anyone to ask why a UK fighter would ''join'' DAZN is stupid..

Comment

Originally posted by Fabes88 View Post
            They work side by side. The dazn model won’t be adopted here though
            That's not the point. Sky gets the stream and covers it.

Comment

The people of the UK may not get DAZN but at least they still have their teeth. Oh, wait.....

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                I really want to know too. I think that prick (Hearn) would probably stop it from happening. Its all well nice trying to save americans from paying $75 for each PPV, but DAZN would completely ruin sky sports and Bt sport/ITV box office over here. We are NOT that gullible to be paying £20 per PPV when there is an option to pay £10 per month for all fights.
                NOT true, firstly he has no say in terms of where they operate and one of the DAZN execs was interviewed recently on IFL and said they have no immediate plans to move to the UK. If they did, then of course Hearn would be in a slightly awkward position from Sky's point of view, but prob a strong position from a business point of view having a good relationship with 2 major players in the market.

Comment

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
                  NOT true, firstly he has no say in terms of where they operate and one of the DAZN execs was interviewed recently on IFL and said they have no immediate plans to move to the UK. If they did, then of course Hearn would be in a slightly awkward position from Sky's point of view, but prob a strong position from a business point of view having a good relationship with 2 major players in the market.
                  He's keeping his options open. Matchroom's Sky contract ends the exact same time as the Premier League rights go up for renewal. Would be silly to make a decision before he sees what happens with the football.

Comment

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
                    There would obviously be a conflict of interest if they move to the UK, Hearn is a consultant/partners to DAZN. I have no doubt that he personally would NOT want them here yet.

Comment

Working...
                    X