Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Erislandy Lara - the most overrated fighter in Boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
    Hurd was his only L in my book, and only due to the KD.
    Yeah, me too. I had that fight dead even except the knockdown.

I thought the Canelo fight was a draw. In fact, if i HAD to lean one way, i'd probably say Lara. I didn't see Canelo winning 7 rounds.

Lara deserved the rematch. Canelo took that W and ran with it, which was disappointing. Say what you want about someone like Floyd, but he never did that with Castillo or Maidana, he jumped right back in to prove he could beat them more decisively, despite getting the win first time round. I'm not sure if Canelo got the nod in the first GGG fight that a rematch would've happened.
    Last edited by EasternEuroFan; 03-08-2019, 08:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by EasternEuroFan View Post
      Yeah, me too. I had that fight dead even except the knockdown.

I thought the Canelo fight was a draw. In fact, if i HAD to lean one way, i'd probably say Lara. I didn't see Canelo winning 7 rounds.

Lara deserved the rematch. Canelo took that W and ran with it, which was disappointing. Say what you want about someone like Floyd, but he never did that with Castillo or Maidana, he jumped right back in to prove he could beat them more decisively, despite getting the win first time round. I'm not sure if Canelo got the nod in the first GGG fight that a rematch would've happened.
      I 100% agree with you on the Canelo/G match. If Canelo walked away with a super controversial win, they never fight again.

And I had 7-5 Lara over Canelo.

Comment

Working...
      X