Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would prime Lara give Spence a boxing lesson at 154?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by John Locke View Post
    The thing is, pushing the action isn't even Canelo's game, Lara made him push the action and still couldn't beat him, although if I remember correctly I scored that fight 7-5 for Lara. Walking people down is Spence's bread and butter like you said, it's just a question of how well he adjust's to Lara's legs. How effective is Spence's pressure when somebody doesn't let him set his feet and sit down on his shots, by giving him movement and angles? It's yet to be seen, but I think Spence is going to take some beating, especially at 147. It's gonna take a special performance.
    Didn't understand your last point. You're saying IF Spence is going to take a beating at 147 it will take a special performance or will take a special performance from Spence to beat Lara?

Spence can be had in spots when someone is on the outside and boxing with him. But those that move end up getting destroyed. Look at when Brook had his spurts of success. When Spence got Brook to move, it was a straight up beat down. Now, Brook's feet get stuck in mud and he's not even close to the mover that Lara is, but is Lara going to do enough damage when he makes Spence wins to win a decision? Angulo/Molina/Hurd all made Lara's life uncomfortable with pressure, but to Lara's credit, he stood in against both Angulo/Hurd and fired back some hard shots. Thought for sure he was going to get stopped by Hurd.

Comment

Originally posted by RightJabLikeZab View Post
      LOL. Prime Lara was caught and dropped twice by limited Angulo. Struggled against Vanes. Couldn't thoroughly out box Canelo even though he barely threw any punches or bothered to cut off the ring. Yeah. No.
      Yet people can't comprehend this.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
        Didn't understand your last point. You're saying IF Spence is going to take a beating at 147 it will take a special performance or will take a special performance from Spence to beat Lara?

Spence can be had in spots when someone is on the outside and boxing with him. But those that move end up getting destroyed. Look at when Brook had his spurts of success. When Spence got Brook to move, it was a straight up beat down. Now, Brook's feet get stuck in mud and he's not even close to the mover that Lara is, but is Lara going to do enough damage when he makes Spence wins to win a decision? Angulo/Molina/Hurd all made Lara's life uncomfortable with pressure, but to Lara's credit, he stood in against both Angulo/Hurd and fired back some hard shots. Thought for sure he was going to get stopped by Hurd.
        I think it will take a special performance to beat him at 147 because he's got the size and the skills, at 154 he will be fighting guys his size and a lot bigger, so it will come down to skills more and contrary to popular opinion, I think Spence is very skilled, but his style wouldn't be as effective on bigger guys, guys who can take his shots and push him back.

The problem with Brook is he's a very good boxer from a stationary stance, he's heavy on his feet and can't punch on the move. He's very skilled and fundamentally right up there, but he is kinda limited to fundamentals. I think there's more than one way to beat Spence, you can beat him on the inside or outside, but I think it's easier to beat him on the outside, on the move. Definitely at 147 anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by John Locke View Post
          I think it will take a special performance to beat him at 147 because he's got the size and the skills, at 154 he will be fighting guys his size and a lot bigger, so it will come down to skills more and contrary to popular opinion, I think Spence is very skilled, but his style wouldn't be as effective on bigger guys, guys who can take his shots and push him back.

The problem with Brook is he's a very good boxer from a stationary stance, he's heavy on his feet and can't punch on the move. He's very skilled and fundamentally right up there, but he is kinda limited to fundamentals. I think there's more than one way to beat Spence, you can beat him on the inside or outside, but I think it's easier to beat him on the outside, on the move. Definitely at 147 anyway.
          He will definitely have to adjust his style a bit at 154 and obviously at 160 once he gets there. Those that say he is not skilled are widely mistaken. But against a guy like Hurd, you're definitely not going to just beat him trying to go after him. You will have to show movements in spots and be able to counter him. Can Spence do that? Time will tell.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
            that "Lady Lara" is the only boxer in the world to go 12 rounds with Jarrett Hurd. Most people think he beat Canelo too.
            - -Yeah, a poll of Nancys has Lady Lara undefeated.

And sexy to your Rexy. And you ain't most people though the Nancys like to envision themselves that way. The fighter that beats Spence will be wearing a jock strap, not panties.

Comment

I was giving prime Lara the best chance to beat Floyd at one time. Thing is prime Lara vs anyone is fantasy fight bs now so who gives a sh^t about it.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
                Do you think he beat Canelo? I thought he outboxed him for 3 rounds and then lost the next 8 or 9, Lara didn’t do anywhere near enough in that fight IMO
                I'm pretty sure I scored it Lara 7-5

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
                  I'm pretty sure I scored it Lara 7-5
                  Fair enough mate, I just didn’t see it tbh, Lara was way too negative IMO

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                    I was giving prime Lara the best chance to beat Floyd at one time. Thing is prime Lara vs anyone is fantasy fight bs now so who gives a sh^t about it.
                    Same. People thought I was nuts because they didn't know much about Lara. That would be a stylistic nightmare for Floyd imo.

Comment

Originally posted by satiev1 View Post
                      Nope. Lol he's down on the scorecards against angulo but he ud's spence. LMAO. He gets stopped with body shots most likely. He can't handle pressure. Watch the anuglo fight and angulo is levels below spence.
                      he can't handle pressure? Look at the Anglo fight? perro won two rounds, those where Lara was dropped. That is it. And he made him quit. williams was pressuring too, got his a$$ handed to him. hurd did the same thing and refused to give him a rematch. A 34 years old boxer in decline, I wonder why.It was a close fight. I think pressure fighters are in danger when fighting Lara. It brings the bulldog in him along with his obvious talents.

Comment

Working...
                      X