Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help me improve please

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You are not really sparring in this video, you are shadow sparring. Pls up load a video of you sparring with headgear and mouth piece.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
      Why automatically back away. Why not dig another one, two or three.
      Apologies if I wasn’t clear, so I’ll rephrase: Get your shots in - be it a strong jab or a combination of four, five, six plus punches - and THEN get out of his range.

You don’t want to be a sitting duck throughout the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by markyod View Post
        Im just a novice training for a white collar boxing match, I will be able to upload sparring footage weekly and hopefully improve with your help.

I am the taller guy with the black t shirt, we are only going light but plan to stick headgear on and go a bit harder in the coming weeks.

'

Shoulder rolling works best if you're on the move. Staying in one spot too long like Broner just leaves you open for shots. Also, an opponent will be able to tell when you strike because you paw with your right hand before throwing.

So, yeah, if it were me I'd just move in all directions, not having a set pattern, yet keeping my distance. If the opponent pressures, then it comes down to whether you can avoid his shots/counter effectively or not. That's what'll make the difference between a boxing match and a brawl. As for punching, just let the punches go straight, using your legs. Boxing is more about your legs than your arms. Don't load up on anything, either. Your stamina will last longer if you relax and just execute.

Comment

Originally posted by scbb View Post
          You are not really sparring in this video, you are shadow sparring. Pls up load a video of you sparring with headgear and mouth piece.
          Will do mate, sparring tomorrow night, should get some hard rounds in.

Comment

Originally posted by markyod View Post
            Will do mate, sparring tomorrow night, should get some hard rounds in.
            Wait for the vid like...........

Comment

Drop that video Mark!

Comment

Fight using the jabs more. Front hand first and improve footwork

Comment

Working...
                X