No announcement yet.

Adrien Broner will be the next fighter of the decade

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
    I don't think where they started changes the point of my post.

Morales wasn't a bad fighter at 135, he just couldn't beat quality opposition because of the weight. Above 135 he really only defeated journeyman and gatekeepers. He was "gifted" a title against Cano at 140, which was a fight for a vacant belt, which he promptly lost. Very similar to Broner getting the shot at Paulie and winning his 147lb title.

I think the comparison to how they both got to a weight class they couldn't handle isn't dumb. Yes, Morales was older and had accomplished more (I posted Morales was considerably better than Broner).
    It doesn’t matter where they start? So why doesn’t Broner go to heavyweight?

Comment

• Originally posted by Boy Jones Jr. View Post
      It doesn’t matter where they start? So why doesn’t Broner go to heavyweight?
      Where they started isn't relevant to my point. Many fighters have gotten to a weight class and its been too much for them. That IMO is what happened to Broner when he got to 147. I also felt the same happened to Morales at 135, completely understanding he had a done more and fought longer than Broner when he got to 147.

Comment

• I think Larry meant ab will be the next NEXT fotd.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
          Where they started isn't relevant to my point. Many fighters have gotten to a weight class and its been too much for them. That IMO is what happened to Broner when he got to 147. I also felt the same happened to Morales at 135, completely understanding he had a done more and fought longer than Broner when he got to 147.
          You have said for years Manny was using peds because he was knocking out guys from higher divisions from where he started from. Where they started at has always been relevant to you.

Comment

• Originally posted by djtmal View Post
            Big Dumb baiting and switching for Larry and Broner now....
            Big Dumb is the same person as Curtis Harper and Aboutfukntime. I believe they’re all alts of his.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boy Jones Jr. View Post
              You have said for years Manny was using peds because he was knocking out guys from higher divisions from where he started from. Where they started at has always been relevant to you.
              Lmao Manny has always packed a mean left punch, he never touched any ped’s.
              Floyd did tho, it’s a fact

Comment

• Originally posted by BoomBapTrap View Post
                Lmao Manny has always packed a mean left punch, he never touched any ped’s.
                Floyd did tho, it’s a fact
                https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/s...d.php?t=367230

Over 100 pages, nobody could prove otherwise. They were mad too.

Comment

• Stop bumping this thread!

Comment

• Originally posted by not larry's alt View Post
                    Stop bumping this thread!

My man

Comment

• It would be epic when Floyd receives the award, he calls out Broner to the stage and hands it to him. Both takes a photo while doing it. That would be a hilarious meme for this thread

Comment

Working...
                      X