Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Caleb Plant is 100% Right About Canelo!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Caleb getting more promotion from Golden Boy throwing his name out there than he got from his fight this past Saturday.

Comment

Kovalev was offered the fight before he fought Yarde but Kov didn't want to pay him his step-a-side fee, so he took on Yarde knowing the Canelo fight would probably be there after Yarde. So that's on Kov, he wanted both paydays.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
        Caleb Plant has every right to turn the fight down, but which is Canelo getting hate here? Everyone knows when he fights. He's not getting off the May 2nd date. If Plant doesn't feel like he won't have enough time to recover from camp/fight, then okay. Just turn it down and move on. No one forced Kovalev to take the fight and no one is forcing Plant to take it. Simply was offered to him.

This brings up another conversation about how fighters are having far too long training camps. They get out of shape, take a four week pre-camp to lose weight and then start a 8-10 week camp. Super unnecessary.
        Exactly, why would Canelo move off of Cinco De Mayo when he is the sport's biggest draw? I have nothing else to add because you nailed it. Good post.

Comment

Originally posted by eco1 View Post
          The problem I have with the Canelos of the world is that they are always trying to get some advantage and don't fight or play in an even fair field.
          I know what you mean, however that sort of thing has always gone on in boxing. Whether it's a slick mover choosing a bigger ring against a pressure fighter or a light hitter choosing non-puncher's gloves for a fight against a KO artist.

Comment

If Plant needs so much time to face the likes of Mike Lee and Porky Medina, of course he'll need more time to face Canelo. Plant's real issue is that he only fights 2 times a year.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
              Even if YOU aren't hating on Canelo, a lot of people are taking shots at him and GBP for giving Plant a "short notice." And that rehydration clause is no different from what we see in IBF title fights.

I don't think GBP was trying to set Plant up or take advantage of him just coming off a camp/fight. Just presenting him with an opportunity to fight Canelo after BJS/Smith had turned down the initial offers.
              I would think that every fighter from 160-175 knows Canelo's schedule: Cinco De Mayo (May) and Mexican Independence Day (September). For that reason it shouldn't be a surprise to anyone and if May doesn't work then these guys should position themselves for September.

Comment

Originally posted by ralex View Post
                Andy Ruiz........
                Ruiz wasn't a champion. He was a guy who'd just made $200k fighting Dimitrenko.

If Andy Ruiz had beat Joshua in the rematch, would he have accepted an offer to unify with Wilder ten weeks later? Going back into camp with less than three weeks off?

**** no he wouldn't have.

Comment

Working...
                X