No announcement yet.

Reasons why fans are AGAINST Lomachenko vs Lopez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reasons why fans are AGAINST Lomachenko vs Lopez

There seems to be this false assumption that fans of Loma are against a fight with Lopez because they fear that it's a high risk fight for him. NO. The reason why actual boxing fans are against Lomachenko fighting a mere prospect like Lopez is because:

1. Teo Lopez offers NOTHING to the table right now and would be an EASY win for Loma, with absolutely NO BENEFITS FOR LOMA'S RESUME AT ALL. Please stop fooling yourself and wishfully thinking that Lopez is this monster that strikes fear. Loma would literally toy Lopez like he's his child.

2. Fighting Lopez now and easily whooping him would have people jumping into the excuse wagon once again saying that Lopez was "too green", "too inexperience", "too young", "hasn't fought anyone", "wasn't all that good", "was overhyped", the list goes on and on. Just like Loma's previous wins. The difference would be that a win over Lopez would do absolutely nothing to Loma's legacy other than to shut a couple of his haters.

3. Lomachenko wants to unify and fight the best guys WITH A BELT ASAP and become undisputed at the weight class. That means facing actual proven guys such as Commey, Davis, Farmer, Berchelt, Garcia, etc.

4. Lopez has literally fought NO ONE, NONE, ZIP, ZILCH, NOT ONE fighter that's worth a damn that warrants him a shot against arguably the best fighter in the planet. Talking your way and simply calling out the best without having much to back up on does not give you a shot right away.

5. Boxing fans like myself actually LIKE Lopez and want him to continue develop as a fighter and not thrown into the wolves right away. The last thing I want to see is a very talented fighter like Lopez to fall into the Fernando Vargas route.

People have to understand that Lopez is just a stepping stool right now and would be a waste of time for Loma. If Lopez were to fight Loma and gets taken apart, the chances of him losing confidence in himself and disappearing like Walters and Rigo are high. I really don't want to see someone like Lopez to end up being another Nomaschenko victim.
    Last edited by Flo_Raiden; 04-18-2019, 02:01 PM.

Originally posted by Flo_Raiden View Post
    There seems to be this false assumption that fans of Loma are against a fight with Lopez because they fear that it's a high risk fight for him. NO. The reason why actual boxing fans are against Lomachenko fighting a mere prospect like Lopez is because:

1. Teo Lopez offers NOTHING to the table right now and would be an EASY win for Loma, with absolutely NO BENEFITS FOR LOMA'S RESUME AT ALL. Please stop fooling yourself and wishfully thinking that Lopez is this monster that strikes fear. Loma would literally toy Lopez like he's his child.

2. Fighting Lopez now and easily whooping him would have people jumping into the excuse wagon once again saying that Lopez was "too green", "too inexperience", "too young", "hasn't fought anyone", "wasn't all that good", "was overhyped", the list goes on and on. Just like Loma's previous wins. The difference would be that a win over Lopez would do absolutely nothing to Loma's legacy other than to shut a couple of his haters.

3. Lomachenko wants to unify and fight the best guys WITH A BELT ASAP and become undisputed at the weight class. That means facing actual proven guys such as Commey, Davis, Farmer, Berchelt, Garcia, etc.

4. Lopez has literally fought NO ONE, NONE, ZIP, ZILCH, NOT ONE fighter that's worth a damn that warrants him a shot against arguably the best fighter in the planet. Talking your way and simply calling out the best without having much to back up on does not give you a shot right away.

5. Boxing fans like myself actually LIKE Lopez and want him to continue develop as a fighter and not thrown into the wolves right away. The last thing I want to see is a very talented fighter like Lopez to fall into the Fernando Vargas route.

People have to understand that Lopez is just a stepping stool right now and would be a waste of time for Loma. If Lopez were to fight Loma and gets taken apart, the chances of him losing confidence in himself and disappearing like Walters and Rigo are high. I really don't want to see someone like Lopez to end up being another Nomaschenko victim.
    If Lopez is as good as projected, then the haters will claim he waited "for Loma to get old" "no prime wins vs elite" after he sparks the bum in 6 rds.

Nah. Lopez vs Loma NEEDS TO HAPPEN BY 2020.

But it won't because we all know Loma likes to cherrypick and avoids competition.

Comment

Originally posted by Dosumpthin View Post
      If Lopez is as good as projected, then the haters will claim he waited "for Loma to get old" "no prime wins vs elite" after he sparks the bum in 6 rds.

Nah. Lopez vs Loma NEEDS TO HAPPEN BY 2020.

But it won't because we all know Loma likes to cherrypick and avoids competition.
      Let's not fool ourselves, you and I both know Lopez won't be able to even touch Loma right now.

When Loma fought Martinez instead of Walters they said he was cherrypicking and avoiding Walters. When he fought Marriaga instead of Rigo they said he was cherrypicking and avoiding Rigo. The pattern continues and when Lopez and Loma actually do fight in the near future (which I hope it doesn't happen because I want Lopez to develop still) Lopez is just going to be seen as yet another fighter that "wasn't competition".

But SURE, I guess we should have this fight happen either this year or next out of sheer curiosity even though it's going to be a wipeout. It'll at least give a lot of people a taste of reality when Loma whitewashes Lopez, if they were to fight so soon.
      Last edited by Flo_Raiden; 04-18-2019, 02:40 PM.

Comment

I think most loma fans would like to see a teo fight but to be constantly told u are scarred for not jumping on the bandwagon and calling teo a prospect who hasnt fought anyone decent and wants a shot at a p4p guy, its just a bit weird, crybaby stuff

Comment

Lopez fight with Magdaleno is the answer he was taken out in two rounds by and lasted 7rounds with Lopez.He hit that kid for six rounds straight right in the suck and it took that fateful 7th to finally stop him.All that power everyone is supposed to be scared of.He brings nothing to the table ZERO but a mouth which is fine if Loma is looking for head.

Comment

Agree 100% with OP. I don't think Lopez himself or these people demanding the fight believe what they are asking for they just don't think it will happen because he's a very green prospect and very raw. I've seen people say he had the better amateur career, has better pro credentials and is more skilled. It's obvious trolling.

I want the fight to happen maybe at the end of this year or the first quarter of 2020. If Lopez looks good with his first "credible" opponent Saturday then IMO some of the talk is justified. Loma said it best "When I beat him nobody will care or give credit" it's just like the Rigo and Walters situations when these people said "He'll never fight him" then "He will get destroyed by I won't front if he wins I'll give credit" then their criticism got more intense when those predictions were made to look beyond pathetic and more one-sided than even Loma's hardcore fans thought. How does that happen?

If Commey and the IBF belt is available then you do that otherwise if he fights Lopez then right after it these fans demanding Lopez gets his shot will say "He cherry picked a green fighter he's ducking Commey". I guarantee that would happen. 100%. If Garcia stays at 135 then that fight is #1 priority otherwise the WBC belt will be more worthy for now and also Berchelt is more worthy right now given he's #1 at 130 and more proven than Lopez. If Lopez had a belt then he could call whatever bluff he thinks they have but if he moves to 140 without the fight happening then it's highly suspicious and his motives were clear. There was never any talk of 140 until he mentioned Loma and then put an ultimatum on the pound for pound best whilst having zero credibility in the sport.

My take is that the people demanding the fight have either never seen Lopez or at best only saw and heard of him when he last fought and opened his mouth. In the minds of a sane boxing fan should Loma get credit for destroying him like he would? NO. He shouldn't and wouldn't but the people (fake) demanding the fight should be held accountable and would have to admit they were wrong on Lopez and Lomachenko or their credibility goes (even further) down. I think Loma would make him quit after winning every round (I could see Calzaghe-Lacy type action) and these people will fill the forum with hate, cries about Lopez being green, too young and Loma will be even less of a fighter in their eyes and they will say Haney is the next guy then it will be Garcia and then maybe back to Verdejo.

Comment

if lopez was to fight and beat someone rated in the top 10 at least, then we'd know if a loma fight is even worthwhile. as it stands now, the match is a complete wild card. loma vs any proven opponent should be preferred. I think a lot of people who are pushing for this are top rank haters, and view it as a lose lose situation for bob...not to mention , it keeps tank's name out of it for the time being.

Comment

Originally posted by Flo_Raiden View Post

I agree.

Loma could beat the crap outta Lopez next month and it'd prove nothing

Lopez needs a belt or beat someone with a pulse first, otherwise Loma will be accused of cherrypicking a green guy

stay in line, teofimo

Comment

Having a big mouth isnt enough to be a credible opponent. It might be more interesting if he was some prospect who was a standout amateur but unfortunately he wasnt good enough to get past the 1st round. People have just picked this random nobody to be some sort of boogeyman cause they kniw the fights not going to happen so they cant be embarrassed again

Comment

Nahh **** all that, that paisa wants to talk and be all up on twitter like a batch he need that and Loma will gladly end his lil career in a brutal tactical beat down I want to see inflicted.

Comment

Working...
                    X