Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can someone please explain to me why Lomachenko NEEDS Teofimo Lopez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Posters saying people are looking for someone to beat Loma. He has already been beaten by a journeyman. It's been done. Why are you so scared for him?

Comment

Originally posted by Socialtwinkie View Post
      His goal is to unify all the belts at 135. Not fighting Crolla is counter productive to his goal. Not fighting Crolla gets him stripped.

I don't understand how something so simple like that is SO HARD TO UNDERSTAND.

He was originally supposed to fight Comney but he got injured. What else was he supposed to do? Mikey was fighting Spence and most likely wont return to 135.

Theres no champions to fight and no one else to fight. Who else is there to fight? No one worth getting a title stripped from you.

Dude. You're just complaining to complain. Whining over nothing.
      Belts mean nothing if you are beating scrubs for them, especially when some consider you as the best fighter in the world. I'll leave it at that.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
        Why do people keep saying Lopez only has 12 fights? How many pro fights does Loma have? It's not like those are the only boxing experience that Lopez has. What's the problem? Rather, what's the fear?

One reason people want this fight is because it's the easiest one to make among all the named fighters. The rest of the lightweight division is full of cans as well, as is the norm in most other divisions.

Some people here sound like Loma Protection Team.
        Most statements in this post are completely wrong.

People mention Lopez's age (21) and lack of any accomplishments.. not the # of his fights. That's thinner than grasping at straws. And yeah, for most part, those 12 pros are the extent of his boxing experience. He got to olympics but was defeated in the first round. You're not talking about Rigondeux here.

It's definitely not the easiest fight to make. Hell, it's probably the hardest. What's Top Rank's incentive to feeding Lopez to the meatgrinder? Right now, he's a hot prospect. Put an L on his record, and he instantly becomes a journeyman overnight with very limited earning potential.

The best example of this actually happening was feeding a young Canelo to Mayweather.. but that was Mayweather. Loma doesn't have 1/100th of Floyd's following/marketability.

So yeah, people can continue to toot 'loma scurred, he afraid', but anyone with a quarter of a brain knows it's BS.

Comment

Belts mean nothing if you are beating scrubs for them, especially when some consider you as the best fighter in the world. I'll leave it at that.
          You have to leave it at that because that's the only thing that fits your agenda. And that's the thing. You only care about your agenda and not the facts.

There is no shame in fighting the best available talent who has a championship belt. Especially when that is your goal, to unify the division.

Take Linares for example. Linares isnt an ATG or anything like that but what he is is a solid boxer who was the #2 imo at 135.

Who at 135 is better than Linares? Mikey? Mikey didnt want any of that smoke and Mikey wants none of Lomachenko. Name some guys at 135 better than Linares?

Who else is there?

Who is at 130 who wants to fight Lomachenko?

Tank? Please. Everyone knows he talks a big game but we all know floyd is putting Davis on the shelf and not letting him near Lomachenko.

Who else is there? See. You're just complaining to complain. Lomachenko could move up to HW and KO AJ and you would still talk mad **** and give him no credit.

And before you even think about talking ****. No, i dont think he can do that. That's sarcasm.

Lomachenko body is maxed out at 135. This is his physical limit.

Comment

Why can't I have my own opinions? Why does everyone need to 'suck off' Loma, as you say.

Where am I talking about Davis in this post here? It's about Lopez. Because I'm tired of mismatches that I'm critiquing everyone equally. Loma isn't exempt.

Stop crying.
            Get some self respect man!

You used to be a respected poster. But now you dribble shit about Loma and his fans like you are a twisted and bitter little bitch.

Your fandom is making you a shit poster, and making you say stupid stuff. Fear? FFS. Loma Protection Squad? Are you a damnded child?

Loma fans have been craving a fight with Mikey Garcia for years - despite knowing full well how dangerous Garcia is. We'd love to see a Davis fight - again, knowing how dangerous he is. We are even happy to wait until Davis is at his peak - when he is at his most dangerous.

Loma fans demonstrably show a desire for their fighter to take one huge challenges. More so than just about any other fanbase. We like him because he seeks those challenges.
            So claims about fear or protection? They are demonstrably false. Not just false - but the exact opposite of reality. Incredibly, stupidly, laughably so. And what on earth can make someone prance around a forum saying demonstrably false things?

Check yourself, get back towards your old self. No self respecting man goes around bleating nonsense. That's fangirl stuff. Half of the posters on this forum might as well just have pom poms and a cheerleader outfit on, cause that's all they are.

You can be better than that. I know it. Its your choice though.

Speaking personally, there is only one type of challenge that I am not interested in seeing Loma pursue, and that is extremes of weight.

Comment

I can't believe I'm still seeing more threads made regarding the same issue with this Teo hype and why Loma, for some reason, NEEDS to fight him now.

Seriously people, use your common sense. Which win would propel Loma's P4P status? Proven champs like Commey, Davis, Berchelt, or Garcia, or an unproven prospect like Teo that somehow became this sudden threat? I think this should be easy to answer.

Comment

Working...
              X