Collapse
No announcement yet.

Manny Pacquiao vs Nicolino Locche

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

- -Pak under roach was an alltime offensive beauty.

Reflexes and unorthodox style mixed with unbelievable conditioning out of a southpaw stance, the orthodox generation of Locche who was indeed a fine fighter would be quickly overwhelmed.

Esp Pak in 6 oz horsehairs, a major OUCH factor.

Comment

Originally posted by Mastrangelo
      Honest question - because I'm not all that educated on Locche's record and career, only saw couple big fights - Has He ever fought a world class southpaw fighter?
      I really see that as big factor with his defensive style.
      Sandro Lopopolo who he shut out. Lopopolo was the world champion at the time and they fought a non-title affair.

Comment

I do not think any fighter at his weight can afford to treat Locche like a joke. At the very least he will give anyone fits. He will take his immortality, such as it is. His career highlights tape is better than a lot of his fellow immortals.

Comment

Originally posted by The Old LefHook View Post
          Locche always put on a high exhibition of flamboyant defense. That was his calling card and his claim to fame. That is what his highlight reel is all about after all, and nothing else. There are very few anything like him in boxing history. Of his precise type he may be #1. By God, his highlight reel will pass down. Locche has made it to humanly immortal. Will our own highlight reels pass down, by jingo, lads?
          I see your point, but it's all relative. Will anyone know, 10,000 or 50,000 years from now, who Shakespeare was, or the Beatles, or Muhammed Ali? Doubtful. They sure as hell won't know who Locche was.

Comment

I looked up Youtube since I never saw him fight - and He's fighting orthodox there.
            Boxrec probably wrong there?
            Not sure never seen him fight. Just know he was one of the best euros back then and a world champion this likely world class. I don’t think any footage of that fight emerged but he’s always been listed as a southpaw.
            Last edited by chrisJS; 04-06-2019, 10:44 PM.

Comment

I looked up Youtube since I never saw him fight - and He's fighting orthodox there.
              Boxrec probably wrong there?

You're right - for some strange reason, BoxRec has got this wrong. Lopopolo was definitely orthodox.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Beamish View Post
                I see your point, but it's all relative. Will anyone know, 10,000 or 50,000 years from now, who Shakespeare was, or the Beatles, or Muhammed Ali? Doubtful. They sure as hell won't know who Locche was.
                It is the ersatz version of immortality.

Comment

Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post
                  - -Pak under roach was an alltime offensive beauty.

Reflexes and unorthodox style mixed with unbelievable conditioning out of a southpaw stance, the orthodox generation of Locche who was indeed a fine fighter would be quickly overwhelmed.

Esp Pak in 6 oz horsehairs, a major OUCH factor.
                  not saying locche wins, cause pac might just be a better fighter, but while pac had modern conditioning, Loche was fighting 6 or 7 times a year because you could.

this makes a world of a difference when the next guy has a 7 month gap in between his fights. The older fighters were very calm and experienced, as well as crafty.

Comment

Working...
                  X