Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Errol Spence Beats Down Mikey Garcia, Wins Lopsided Decision

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dempsey19 View Post
    They have weight classes, not height and reach classes.
    😂😂😂 Big FACTS

Comment

• Originally posted by Dempsey19 View Post
      They have weight classes, not height and reach classes.
      That's some epic trolling, I must say.

They could both feasibly fatten up to Heavyweight or drain themselves down to Featherweight. But just because you can suffer your body to step on a scale at a particular weight doesn't mean it's a suitable weight for your body.

Look at Toney, he was never NOT a LHw. Sure, you could argue at the start he was a SMw; and towards the end, he grew into a big LHw. But really, of the original 8 divisions, LHw was his weight class. he was too drained at 160, and clearly carrying unnecessary bulk above 175.

Garcia fits in fine at 140. He'd be better served cutting to 135, than inflating into the Welterweight division. Spence, clearly feels more comfortable bullying smaller men than meeting guys his size at 154.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marvlus Marv View Post
        He conned us all: stood at Spence's range, ate punches, no plan B or even a plan A it seemed. It was just an "experiment" for Mikey and a huge let down for the fans. I just expected a lot better, not a Garcia W, just more than what he gave.
        He knew what he was doing.

While Lomachenko doesn't carry Spence's size, he compensates with skill and killer instinct. Regardless, it served the "Mexican Warrior" myth for Garcia to take his first big money loss to Spence than to Crawford, and definitely to Lomachenko.

Loma would have exploited the same deficiencies that Spence had, he just would have done it differently. Again, Mikey knew this. (And now we know for sure). But he actually can always fall back on the excuse that he lost to a dude twice his size. People who can read between the lines know that he would have lost to a smaller man (Loma) just the same. But everyone else gives Mikey a pass at worst, and massive credit at best. Mikey can continue to draw big crowds, where as losing to Loma would have hampered his future bargaining power.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rusty Tromboni View Post
          He knew what he was doing.

While Lomachenko doesn't carry Spence's size, he compensates with skill and killer instinct. Regardless, it served the "Mexican Warrior" myth for Garcia to take his first big money loss to Spence than to Crawford, and definitely to Lomachenko.

Loma would have exploited the same deficiencies that Spence had, he just would have done it differently. Again, Mikey knew this. (And now we know for sure). But he actually can always fall back on the excuse that he lost to a dude twice his size. People who can read between the lines know that he would have lost to a smaller man (Loma) just the same. But everyone else gives Mikey a pass at worst, and massive credit at best. Mikey can continue to draw big crowds, where as losing to Loma would have hampered his future bargaining power.
          I'm not sure he's 'elite' status anymore. I've admired his skills in the past against good opponents and felt he had even more to give cometh the hour, but I think we've seen the best of Mikey (at the level he was previously fighting at). It's not unusual to find 140 lb guys at 5'11 tall or so, Josh Taylor for example, and now they've seen how easy it is to beat Mikey at long range they won't be scared of dancing with him when Mikey drops back down in weight. Loma is a level or more like 2 levels above him, for sure.
          Last edited by Marvlus Marv; 03-23-2019, 01:05 PM.

Comment

• Originally Posted by BoxHec
            What your problem with Spence? are you another eurod!ickd£@d? or an American traitor?

Originally Posted by MisanthropicNY
            Oh, now we can be United Americans? And when Kaepernick and others kneel during the national anthem - were you European or an American traitor?
            So you are an American who hate Spence??? and for what good reason please?

Originally Posted by BoxHec
            Kaepenick want to make history, he believe is the new Ali, 100% BS! Ali was AGAINST the establishment, so in REAL DANGER while Kaepenick is WITH the establishment, so in safe (and very good) place, look his contract with Nike, all good for K no doubt, Glory & Money (by just being on his knee)

Originally posted by MisanthropicNY View Post
            How am I against Spence? I think he was arguably the best pound for pound and definitely the best WW by far. -shrugs-

I even said Crawford is hiding behind Arum. I wasn't impressed with fighting Mikey or calling out Pacquiao.
            So you said you are not impressed by Spence for taking on Mikey or calling out Pac and you believe you have nothing against Spence? Listen m0r0n Thurman, Porter, Danny Garcia, Brook (for a rematch) don't wanted to face Spence, and the Crawford fight can't be made also so what your problem with Spence saying yes to Mikey who called him out??? and Pac is still there too and still a world champ, so why not? if Spence can't have Crawford, Thurman, Porter, Danny Garcia, & Brook??? F* yourself f***ing moron!

Comment

Working...
            X