Go Back   Boxing Forum > Non Boxing Talk > Hip Hop Forum

View Poll Results: Who won this battle?
Jay-Z 5 23.81%
Nas 16 76.19%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-16-2008, 09:42 AM #21
Lahing Mandirigma

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
flipside has a reputation beyond reputeflipside has a reputation beyond reputeflipside has a reputation beyond reputeflipside has a reputation beyond reputeflipside has a reputation beyond reputeflipside has a reputation beyond reputeflipside has a reputation beyond reputeflipside has a reputation beyond reputeflipside has a reputation beyond reputeflipside has a reputation beyond reputeflipside has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,000.00
Total Points: 23,817.00
thanks for the karma - Savino gracias - Mr._Pink 
Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Mr._Pink 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUTH View Post
American Gangster was a strong album but I think people have their minds made up that Jay-Z is done.
he just fell off. when you get to the top nowhere to go but down.
flipside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 09:48 AM #22
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Mozza has a reputation beyond reputeMozza has a reputation beyond reputeMozza has a reputation beyond reputeMozza has a reputation beyond reputeMozza has a reputation beyond reputeMozza has a reputation beyond reputeMozza has a reputation beyond reputeMozza has a reputation beyond reputeMozza has a reputation beyond reputeMozza has a reputation beyond reputeMozza has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 11,987.00
Chump of the month award. - £Hank$Moody€ 

Ether lost any credibility as a song when Nas chirped in with the incredibly daft line "Gay-Z and ****afella Records wanted beef." The Nas I know and love is capable of so much better than that.
Mozza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 09:51 AM #23
Undisputed Champion

Mozza has a reputation beyond reputeMozza has a reputation beyond reputeMozza has a reputation beyond reputeMozza has a reputation beyond reputeMozza has a reputation beyond reputeMozza has a reputation beyond reputeMozza has a reputation beyond reputeMozza has a reputation beyond reputeMozza has a reputation beyond reputeMozza has a reputation beyond reputeMozza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by black.ink View Post
You're kidding right?

H to the Omo even overshadowed Takeover. Jay made a mistake attacking Nas thinking he'll be the King of New York.
Not in the slightest. It is kind of ironic though because after their respective songs Jay Z did indeed go on to takeover rap whereas most of Nas' efforts conflated into the ether. In fact, it wasn't until Nas hooked back up with Jigga Man that he had anything worth listening to.
Old 04-16-2008, 09:59 AM #24
Yo Momma Loves Gravy

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Tuggers1986 has a reputation beyond reputeTuggers1986 has a reputation beyond reputeTuggers1986 has a reputation beyond reputeTuggers1986 has a reputation beyond reputeTuggers1986 has a reputation beyond reputeTuggers1986 has a reputation beyond reputeTuggers1986 has a reputation beyond reputeTuggers1986 has a reputation beyond reputeTuggers1986 has a reputation beyond reputeTuggers1986 has a reputation beyond reputeTuggers1986 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,005.00
Total Points: 17,873.52
Cheers to MF'in Talespin - lvballer42 here u go - MILE KITIC SuperTuggers! - T-97 STOP CRYING! - Vegeta SEPTIMUS! - mgkirkpatrick 
Thanks, Tug! You're a good dude. - Bendigo Great links - WelshDevilRob Congrats! - Mickey Gomez Nice sunny day, perfect for an ice cold beer - dan_cov No Message - TBear 
No problem man! - TBear Grandad of Boxing Scene - Money_May enjoy! - jose830 Cookie Of Death - BOLLOCKS have some junk food - Earl Hickey 
No Message - MELLY-MEL... blue parallelogram - lebrick 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - dan_cov Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - dan_cov Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - TBear Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - TBear 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mozza View Post
Not in the slightest. It is kind of ironic though because after their respective songs Jay Z did indeed go on to takeover rap whereas most of Nas' efforts conflated into the ether. In fact, it wasn't until Nas hooked back up with Jigga Man that he had anything worth listening to.
That's not true at all. Stillmatic was a good solid album. aswell as Gods Son & Streets Disciple. He just isn't as mainstream as Jay. He never has been and seems like he never wanted to be.

And...

At the time Nas never claimed anything about being the best or taking over anything. He simply responded to Jay and blew him out of the water with Ether.
Tuggers1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 10:08 AM #25
KARMA POLICE

SUPER ZAB FAN has a reputation beyond reputeSUPER ZAB FAN has a reputation beyond reputeSUPER ZAB FAN has a reputation beyond reputeSUPER ZAB FAN has a reputation beyond reputeSUPER ZAB FAN has a reputation beyond reputeSUPER ZAB FAN has a reputation beyond reputeSUPER ZAB FAN has a reputation beyond reputeSUPER ZAB FAN has a reputation beyond reputeSUPER ZAB FAN has a reputation beyond reputeSUPER ZAB FAN has a reputation beyond reputeSUPER ZAB FAN has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 6,506.00

I am suprised nobody has mentioned the Blue Print II song . To me that was better then the Takeover by far . I am a nas fan by far but Jay kicks some knowledge on the whole thing

"But you can't give cred to anything dude says
Same dude to give you ice and you owe him some head
(Shortyyyy!) It's time to wake up the dead
You sound a little naive in them articles that I read"

"Who you know flow vicious as me?
Yet so religiously, that's why they call me Hov
I get the spoils cause the victor is me (me, *****)
You're an actor, you're not who you're depicted to be
The street dreamin, all y'all *****s living through me
I gave you life when *****s was forgetting you emcee"

I like em both but you cant leave Jay out of it , " for i will not lose for even in defeat theres a valuable lesson learned so it evens it up for me" !!!!
SUPER ZAB FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 10:23 AM #26
Undisputed Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggers1986 View Post
That's not true at all. Stillmatic was a good solid album. aswell as Gods Son & Streets Disciple. He just isn't as mainstream as Jay. He never has been and seems like he never wanted to be.

And...

At the time Nas never claimed anything about being the best or taking over anything. He simply responded to Jay and blew him out of the water with Ether.
Stillmatic is excellent, God's Son and Street Disciple are not. Mainstream has got nothing to do with it and it is a term that annoys me.
Old 04-16-2008, 10:53 AM #27
Old School Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Truth has a reputation beyond reputeTruth has a reputation beyond reputeTruth has a reputation beyond reputeTruth has a reputation beyond reputeTruth has a reputation beyond reputeTruth has a reputation beyond reputeTruth has a reputation beyond reputeTruth has a reputation beyond reputeTruth has a reputation beyond reputeTruth has a reputation beyond reputeTruth has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 28,490.00
Go Roy! - T-97 No Message - Addition Thanks for sending me albums... - TRUTH Roy Jones Jr - P4P#1 Forever! - Chunk Boxing Scenes GOAT - The Gold Mac 
c.r.e.a.m. get the money! - el guason456 for defending Prodigy - Zach Randolph Happy Birthday Truth!!! - Purple Haze Pop bottles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Happy-Bday! - lefhooktodabody Happy Birthday! - ЯiZO 
Happy Bday Homie - SkilledBoxer I respect your opinion - Tuggers1986 Meth and Redman rule - -Blackout- Have a Dollar, T - Grand Champ 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - ЯiZО Childhood Cancer - Grand Champ Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - 'Sugar' Freddi 

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipside View Post
he just fell off. when you get to the top nowhere to go but down.
I disagree, I honestly do. But everyone is entitled to their opinion. I do agree that his stuff now is not what it was in 2001-2003. But I don't think he fell off.
Truth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 10:56 AM #28
Old School Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Truth has a reputation beyond reputeTruth has a reputation beyond reputeTruth has a reputation beyond reputeTruth has a reputation beyond reputeTruth has a reputation beyond reputeTruth has a reputation beyond reputeTruth has a reputation beyond reputeTruth has a reputation beyond reputeTruth has a reputation beyond reputeTruth has a reputation beyond reputeTruth has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 28,490.00
Go Roy! - T-97 No Message - Addition Thanks for sending me albums... - TRUTH Roy Jones Jr - P4P#1 Forever! - Chunk Boxing Scenes GOAT - The Gold Mac 
c.r.e.a.m. get the money! - el guason456 for defending Prodigy - Zach Randolph Happy Birthday Truth!!! - Purple Haze Pop bottles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Happy-Bday! - lefhooktodabody Happy Birthday! - ЯiZO 
Happy Bday Homie - SkilledBoxer I respect your opinion - Tuggers1986 Meth and Redman rule - -Blackout- Have a Dollar, T - Grand Champ 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - ЯiZО Childhood Cancer - Grand Champ Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - 'Sugar' Freddi 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPER ZAB FAN View Post
I am suprised nobody has mentioned the Blue Print II song . To me that was better then the Takeover by far . I am a nas fan by far but Jay kicks some knowledge on the whole thing

"But you can't give cred to anything dude says
Same dude to give you ice and you owe him some head
(Shortyyyy!) It's time to wake up the dead
You sound a little naive in them articles that I read"

"Who you know flow vicious as me?
Yet so religiously, that's why they call me Hov
I get the spoils cause the victor is me (me, *****)
You're an actor, you're not who you're depicted to be
The street dreamin, all y'all *****s living through me
I gave you life when *****s was forgetting you emcee"

I like em both but you cant leave Jay out of it , " for i will not lose for even in defeat theres a valuable lesson learned so it evens it up for me" !!!!
LOL. Nas won but how about when Jay said, "I'm big dawg Glen Rob, listen god you a flea and you little homie jungle is a garden to me." that **** makes me laugh everytime.
Truth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 02:40 PM #29
KARMA POLICE

SUPER ZAB FAN has a reputation beyond reputeSUPER ZAB FAN has a reputation beyond reputeSUPER ZAB FAN has a reputation beyond reputeSUPER ZAB FAN has a reputation beyond reputeSUPER ZAB FAN has a reputation beyond reputeSUPER ZAB FAN has a reputation beyond reputeSUPER ZAB FAN has a reputation beyond reputeSUPER ZAB FAN has a reputation beyond reputeSUPER ZAB FAN has a reputation beyond reputeSUPER ZAB FAN has a reputation beyond reputeSUPER ZAB FAN has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 6,506.00

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUTH View Post
LOL. Nas won but how about when Jay said, "I'm big dawg Glen Rob, listen god you a flea and you little homie jungle is a garden to me." that **** makes me laugh everytime.
Yeah between the lyrics and the production the song made a strong case with jay .

Another song that alot of people aint mention was SUPER UGLY !!!!!

That sh** was so Raw they had to take it off the radio when Jay-z moms told him that it went to far .

Me and tha boy A.I. got more in Common than just ballin and rhymin
Get It?
More in Carmen
I came in ya Bentley backseat
Skeeted in Jeep
Left condoms in tha baby seat"

"And since you infatuated with sayin tha gay ****
Yes u was kissin my dic* when u was kissin that bit**"
SUPER ZAB FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 02:44 PM #30
Banned

Quoted: 101 Post(s)
black.ink has a reputation beyond reputeblack.ink has a reputation beyond reputeblack.ink has a reputation beyond reputeblack.ink has a reputation beyond reputeblack.ink has a reputation beyond reputeblack.ink has a reputation beyond reputeblack.ink has a reputation beyond reputeblack.ink has a reputation beyond reputeblack.ink has a reputation beyond reputeblack.ink has a reputation beyond reputeblack.ink has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 14,559.82
Total Points: 18,518.31
tua likes burgers! - Left Hook Tua nice rap mate!! - -veteran420- Thanks 4 your Vote G... - The Gully Gad No Message - -jose- 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mozza View Post
Stillmatic is excellent, God's Son and Street Disciple are not. Mainstream has got nothing to do with it and it is a term that annoys me.
God Son was a great album. Dance, Get Down, Heaven, Made You Look, I Can, Revolutionary Warefare and i'm pretty sure i'm missing some more class tracks. Not as good as Stillmatic....probably his 4th best.

Street Disciple was a dissapointment.....if he had condensed it into one disc, **** would have been hot. Far too much filler, but has a few stand-out tracks.
black.ink is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends