No announcement yet.

Officer Pulls Gun on Student Picking Up Trash Outside of Dorm Building

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
    That's just too complex for some people to grasp.

Gotta make it simpler.
    He's really lucky he didn't get shot. Walking around like that with a potential weapon, completely disregarding police instructions

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
      How do you feel about the police in this situation violating the Constitution? You're yay or nay on the Constitution?
      I think its important to uphold the constitutional rights of black citizens and all other citizens. Nobody benefits from innocent people being locked up.

When you guys are theorizing about what those Nazis want, you should always pause and ask if they would benefit. Locking up random innocent people in tax-funded detention centers and turning them into hardened criminals then eventually releasing them back into society? Nobody benefits, nobody wants it. It's a tragic thing that happens due to human error, not a conspiracy to cause universal harm to everyone. Racists are happy when black guys get accounting degrees so the perceived violent threat is removed.

I also think you're missing my point (perhaps on purpose).

Equal treatment is already in the law. There's no police policy saying to pay extra attention to blacks. It's something officers develop on their feet due to the much higher black violent crime rate. That bias is not going to disappear, ever probably.

After the last white Americans are gone do you think it will be at all different? You think the majority non-white police force isn't going to develop the same biases when they encounter the extreme differences in violent crime between asian/hispanic VS black communities?
      Last edited by ////; 06-09-2019, 10:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
        How do you feel about the police in this situation violating the Constitution? You're yay or nay on the Constitution?
        I see you completely dodged his points.

You are the epitome of liberal bubble mentality.

Remember, he and I live in areas where we can sleep with our windows open.

You live in a neighborhood where you sit on your porch and watch and record violent crimes in progress on a daily basis.

Interestingly enough, our neighborhoods support and help the police, while yours vilifies and attacks the police.

Thinking and actions like yours are why smart and decent people put their houses up for sale if they see people like you suddenly starting to move into the neighborhood.

Comment

Originally posted by //// View Post
          That isn't what I said.

I said that any of you would develop the same biases after months as a patrol cop after observing that some groups have exponentially higher rates of violent crimes therefore statistically pose far greater threats than others.

It's not an official policy, a right, or piece of legislature. It's human cops being psychologically conditioned by their experiences.

Until the black murder/rape rates come down they will always be approached differently by police officers, including black police officers.

Why is there practically zero focus on lowering those rates and so much focus on worsening the situation by calling the cops slave owners etc like motorcity is doing?

Nobody benefits from this. Even if you think everyone talking about it is a secret Nazi or whatever. Nobody wants this problem to exist. Everyone involved would prefer that the crime just went down but until then, do you think it's remotely viable for police to develop zero bias?
          We don't pay cops to be biased. Get out of here with that nonsense.

If a cop develops racial bias, he/she should be fired. Point blank period. I don't know why the hell you are sitting here typing up a long statement defending biased cops. There is no place for racial bias in a police force. None. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
            You're a really stupid piece of sheet. Do you honestly think the police asking for an ID and unjustified murder are the same thing?

God, you're a ****ing idiot
            He hero worships the very people who mock him for being "stupid".

People with any type of intelligence don't do that.

Honest, I wouldn't believe it if I wasn't seeing it for myself.

Typically people get angry, sometimes literally fighting mad, for being called "stupid". These people actually become fiercely loyal and defensive to those calling them "stupid".

Political team loyalty is very, very strong. It's crazy.

Comment

Depending on where you live, not having your ID on you is illegal.

And no, you're wrong here. (For once on the internet ) The man did exactly as you said and yet this still happened. But, if he had proper ID, the cop would have left him alone, just like he said he would at about 3 seconds into the video
              No, I'm not wrong. Actually, the video proves that I am right. Sorry.

The man did absolutely nothing wrong here. That this happened doesn't justify what occurred. It only means that the officer did some bullshlt.

You saw at the end they said he ****ed up protocol twice, right? That's all the proof you need that you're seeing this the wrong way. Seems you're worried about the detention being over as quickly as possible. Obviously that isn't the issue. He wasn't supposed to be detained in the first place. Some of us stand up for our rights and don't care that doing so is more time consuming than submitting to being wronged.
              Last edited by travestyny; 06-09-2019, 10:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by travestyny View Post
                We don't pay cops to be biased. Get out of here with that nonsense.

If a cop develops racial bias, he/she should be fired. Point blank period. I don't know why the hell you are sitting here typing up a long statement defending biased cops. There is no place for racial bias in a police force. None. You should be ashamed of yourself.
                Approach it from a pure algebra standpoint without having any emotional investment in the involved groups.

You have group A, cops.

Group B, an ethnic group with a very low violent crime rate.

Group C, an ethnic group with a very high violent crime rate.

Group A spend their lives making themselves physically vulnerable on behalf of society for questionable reward. They survive by noticing patterns and reading between the lines.

If you immediately fire any member of group A who develops a different reaction to group B vs group C, what percentage of group A would you need to fire? Would it be viable?

Would you be able to re-fill those positions enough to keep the peace?

Would group C not take advantage of this policy and deliberately antagonize group A utilizing hoaxes/fraudulent suits(even more than already takes place)?

etc.

Everyone wants the exact same thing. Black people don't enjoy being stereotyped and other races don't enjoy having to choose between their open-mindedness and their physical safety. Everyone wants group C's violent crime rate to decrease.

Percentage of conversation devoted to that topic? Oh hovering around zero. Cuz it either makes you an "uncle tom coon" or a "white nationalist". Even though everyone wants the exact same thing.
                Last edited by ////; 06-09-2019, 10:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by //// View Post
                  That isn't what I said.
                  The strawman fallacy is one of his favorite tools to avoid addressing relevant points/facts he cant refute.

It's generally employed by those looking to 'win' as opposed to having an intellectually honest discourse of ideas/facts.

I'm actually surprised seeing a guy I consider to be sharp as you wasting your time and effort on some of the forum's most low hanging fruit.

Comment

Fifty shot in Chicago last weekend, ten dead. Not a peep from these so called justice seekers.

Comment

No, I'm not wrong. Actually, the video proves that I am right. Sorry.

The man did absolutely nothing wrong here. That this happened doesn't justify what occurred. It only means that the officer did some bullshlt.

You saw at the end they said he ****ed up protocol twice, right? That's all the proof you need that you're seeing this the wrong way. Seems you're worried about the detention being over as quickly as possible. Obviously that isn't the issue. He wasn't supposed to be detained in the first place. Some of us stand up for our rights and don't care that doing so is more time consuming than submitting to being wronged.
                      Just carry an ID, follow officers instructions, and none of this happens.
                      Or know your rights and don't do anything illegal.

Like this guy did
                      I know you're going to argue for days to try to prove yourself right, but this is very simple. I said carry AND PRODUCE your ID and none of this happens. You say, "know your rights and don't do anything illegal".

Let's assume he knew his rights and wasn't doing anything illegal. That's good, but as the video shows, this event STILL HAPPENED. We're not talking about what should have happened and who was in the right, we're talking about this incident occuring. Plain and simple, like the cop said, if he had PRODUCED ID the cop was going to go on his way.
                      Last edited by GGG Gloveking; 06-09-2019, 11:09 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X